Marketplace >

FS: Colossi x Cycle Project Store SS track bike $1200

(closed)

October 10, 2019 08:59 PM
Selling this Colossi stainless steel track bike. Parts list is below. It currently has drop bars on it but can have Nitto riser bars. This would be great bike for racing or riding around the streets, up to you. It has a flip-flop hub so you can run different size cogs. Currently set up with 49x14 for the track. The bike is light at 15.5 lbs, without pedals. Pedals will add a pound, but it could probably lose another pound if you upgrade with higher end parts down the road. The frame is etched on the seat tube and chain stays and uses a mix of brazing and tig welding. See pictures. All parts are new except the frame and seat.

Frame size: 50cm (50cm seat tube and 54cm top tube)

Frame: Colossi x Cycle Project Store prototype track frame built by Jan Cole and his son Sander. There were 8 of these frames made. This frame was created with KVA stainless steel tubing similar to Columbus XCR tubing that is used in the super expensive Cinelli XCR Frameset. Retail on the Colossi frame with no fork was about $1200. This is a light weight thin walled tubing that is strong and has amazing ride quality. Frame is not painted, it is bare with decals laid on top that have been coated for durability. Original frames had black stripes of paint in the bottom bracket area. Those have been removed and decals added instead. You can see the original online by doing a search. There is a micro ding in top tube near the seat tube. It is tiny and is currently covered by a decal. It won't show up in a photo, but I can remove the decal if you want to see it in person.

Fork: Columbus Futura SL with carbon steerer. Very light. The fork is painted Royal Blue. The paint job is awesome. The painter is well known and specializes in painting bikes.

Headset: Tange Seiki Technoglide J-2 sealed bearing (made in Japan)

Wheels: Factory 5 Pista w/ DT Swiss Champion spokes. Hubs are sealed bearing high-flange. Rims are black ano with brake tracks if you want to run a front brake. Tension has been checked and adjusted with a spoke tension meter and truing stand by me - all is good.

Tires: Continental Ultrasport 2. These are 25c but this bike can fit fatter.

Crankset: Cold forged 6061 Factory 5 w/ 7075 lattice ring (forged = strong).

Chain: Izumi ES410 gold (strong track chain)

Bottom Bracket: JIS square taper FSA Power Pro 103mm (forged chromoly spindle)

Bars:

currently has the drop bars shown in the last photo (40cm) or I can swap the flat bars...
Nitto for Shred 750mm (super wide, you may need to cut down)

Stem: Deda Zero 2 110mm (most logos removed)

Seatpost: Deda Zero 2 (27.2mm)

Seat: Fizik 00 w/ carbon rails

Pedals: Bring your own or I can stop by the bike shop and install some for you.

I am in San Francisco.

[img]/f/dfdcf36daa_12.jpg[/img]

[img]/f/dfdcf36daa_10.jpg[/img]

Attached Photos:
Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo
galavoxx
2 posts
2 bikes

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.