Marketplace >

FS: Eddie Merckx Corsa Extra

(closed)

March 24, 2018 02:04 PM
I will be honest and say that I'm having a difficult time pricing this bike. Given its restored (non original) nature, I'm asking for $800 with a preference to local or in person buyers. I believe this to be a priced to sell asking price but I could be wrong. Regardless, It's important to me that you're happy with your purchase and price.

As seen here (https://www.pedalroom.com/bike/eddy-mer...) with the following notes:

1. No pedals.
2. Underside of saddle can use some glue/repair to better attach the leather.

This is a restored frame using period correct parts. Paint is a powder coat and decals during restore were new. Double with 8 speed cassette, downtube shifters. Paint is a blue "sparkly metallic" color. There is ZERO frame damage. No dings, dents, scratches, etc. A true collectors item, but I think most versions or frames you see for sale on the internet are over priced.

Top tube measures 21-3/4 inches so it's probably a 55cm frame. While mechanically sound, it will benefit from a tuneup as I have not ridden this bike in ~6 years. And even then, I barely rode it. I purchased it as a collectors item more than a bike to ride.

Exact year was never determined but believed to be late 80's to early 90's. Perhaps if you're an expert you may know the specifics.

I prefer local buyers and willing to drive up to 50 miles as needed for a successful sale. However, if you're willing to arrange shipping yourself (perhaps via a trust worthy bike store within 50 miles of me) I'd be happy to go that route as well. I am in the greater Chicago area, zip code 60047.

Happy to provide seller references upon request. Will also answer all questions about the bike that I possibly can. I am not an expert myself.
Attached Photos:
Post photo
inthedrops
5 posts
9 bikes

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.