[/b]

thoughts?
Attached Photos:
Post photo Post photo Post photo

August 10, 2012 05:38 AM
betenoire
23 posts
3 bikes
I like it—not totally a fan of the back triangle, but overall its pretty cool. Looks stiff as f*ck. Is it carbon or aluminum?

Are they using their own carbon seatpost? What's the build quality of the post?

August 10, 2012 06:07 AM
MustangWolf
360 posts
4 bikes
[b]- FRAME: Specialized A1 Premium Aluminum, fully manipulated aero-shaped tubing, compact design w/ track geo, integrated headset

- FORK: Specialized FACT carbon, carbon legs, aluminum crown and steerer

- HEADSET: 1-1/8" sealed Cr-Mo cartridge bearings integrated w/ headset, 20mm alloy cone spacer, w/ 20mm of spacers

- SEATPOST: Venge Aero, FACT carbon, flippable 20/0mm offset

- SEAT BINDER: Venge integrated seat clamp assembly

- NOTES: Chainstay protector, clear coat, owners manual

[/b]

All the info I have.

August 10, 2012 06:14 AM
betenoire
23 posts
3 bikes
yuuup
Attached Photos:
Post photo

August 10, 2012 06:17 AM
betenoire
23 posts
3 bikes
^garret chow swerks

August 10, 2012 07:27 PM
betenoire
23 posts
3 bikes
what's not to like about the rear triangle?
i'm sure it's plenty stiff. i think it looks pretty hawtt.
will hit the streets by a fixie kid near you!

August 10, 2012 09:46 PM
outofstep
999 posts
15 bikes
Not too much of a fan of the mechanical design or the aesthetics. I'm used to SPECIALIZED being tagged on 8 different places on the frame along with a bright/flashy color scheme. I also wish the frame looked more unique- the only part that really stands out is where the top tube transitions from a vertical cross section to a horizontal cross section as it nears the seat tube. Other than that, the design reminds me a lot of Leader or VISP bikes which I really cringe at the thought of.

I do understand that they were going for 'Stealth' but I still think the frame could have been more unique.

August 14, 2012 09:29 PM
they also have a red/white version with a bunch of logos.
i saw it last year at my local bike shop (incycle) and tripped out.
did not expect the langster to come out looking like this

August 15, 2012 03:47 AM
outofstep
999 posts
15 bikes
i wana take a long nice street ride with this

September 13, 2012 08:18 AM
A guy I ride with has one and it's pretty clean. It's also pretty effing light. I like and would definitely roll one, but I wouldn't buy it.

September 13, 2012 07:17 PM
Bnut43
207 posts
10 bikes
hes riding it in the street?

September 14, 2012 12:17 AM
All of the Langster Pros 2012 and newer are no good imo. I say this just because the new Langster Pros are a downgrade from the older Langster Pros/ SWORKS. The stealth look is okay to me... I think it's a little too bland though.

September 14, 2012 02:21 AM
brembilla
429 posts
8 bikes
^ and your reasoning is...? Just because?

September 14, 2012 02:27 AM
MustangWolf
360 posts
4 bikes
The frame is just lower quality, thus why its $280 cheaper than the retail of the 2011- Langsters.
- Uses A1 Aluminum instead of the E5 Aerotec
- Has a alu steerer instead of carbon.
I guess Specialized wanted to transition from making an SWORKS Langster to an actual Langster Pro. Which opens the opportunity to create a new SWORKS Langster, so I hope for that.

September 14, 2012 02:33 AM
brembilla
429 posts
8 bikes
u guys think this would be a good all around riding bike track and street?
i cant buy 2 bikes

September 14, 2012 09:31 AM
as long as you're not skidding on those wheels, then there's no reason it shouldn't be

September 15, 2012 05:53 AM
brembilla
429 posts
8 bikes
the regular langster would be better for your needs.
http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bikes/...

September 16, 2012 04:05 AM
outofstep
999 posts
15 bikes
Does anyone have any experience with this frame set or whole complete bike? I'm planning on either get the frame set or the complete and swap parts from my bike to this one. I would ride this on the streets. What do you guys think?

September 16, 2012 06:02 AM
iaznryan
116 posts
0 bikes
refer to the post above you.

September 17, 2012 01:55 AM
outofstep
999 posts
15 bikes
I don't see the point of getting a good track bike and riding it only on the street. if you've got a street bike already then stick with that. +1 to the regular langster for street use

September 17, 2012 04:19 AM
brembilla
429 posts
8 bikes
@brembilla For street cred, duh. ;-)

September 19, 2012 02:34 AM
Bnut43
207 posts
10 bikes
my bad i forgot all about the street cred ;) tarck for dayz guiiiizzz

September 19, 2012 03:42 AM
brembilla
429 posts
8 bikes
The Langster Pro has a flip flop hub but be warned that you will have to add a front brake. This is perfect for the velodrome and the road.

October 10, 2012 06:21 PM
RacyGrrl
1 post
0 bikes
I own one, after giving it weeks of riding, I would recommend it. There are minor things that could see improvement, for one its not made in the USA, instead its made in Taiwan (nothing personal, just lack of American quality) and have noticed the rear triangle is not as accurate and symmetrical as a bike carrying the Specialized name should be. Something about the track drop outs seems as if they are off by a millimeter or so from a y-axis. The frame itself is as stiff as you can get in the aluminum that its built of. The fork on the other hand doesn't absorb vibrations as I would like (but I ride it on the streets as oppose to the velodrome, until the boulder valley opens). Also, the seat post is full carbon just like on the Venge but the clamp system on the seat post is whack. If you put enough pressure in the rear of the saddle, the angle of the saddle readjusts. With that being said, the frame and complete build is SO LIGHT, and will be racing it in the RedHook Crit in 2013. One of the more comfortable frames I have ridden, but my next frame will either be a Kissena or a Stanridge Speed. Any questions? Check out my bike on here and comment on there and I will answer any questions as best as possible! Cheers.

October 16, 2012 03:58 AM
Kotarbinski
30 posts
6 bikes
i am semi pro track sprinter i play for national team so got a carbon bike there but i need one of my self as my old one is pista frame made in 1800 compared with dolan
by the look of it i really love the bike
i need a bike which is bit more heavy than the carbon on for practice
would u suggest this one or felt tk2 cause both are virtually same bikes

October 30, 2012 07:57 PM

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.