Home
Forums > General Discussion >

2015 Cinelli x Mash Histogram

(closed)
New color way and now with a tapered headtube like the Parallax.
[img]/f/04cea50670_1.jpg[/img]

Discuss...
Attached Photos:
Post photo

August 27, 2014 06:30 PM
Digging the simple color scheme - I was never a fan of the previous color schemes, maybe except the chrome/black one, this one looks way better.

August 27, 2014 06:53 PM
fixedronin
28 posts
1 bike
can i assume inside of fork is painted similar to inside of chainstays?

prolly my favorite histogram so far, but i've always preferred the vig's paint job

August 27, 2014 08:06 PM
pwebb88
506 posts
15 bikes
^^^ I didn't even think about the fork being painted like that - I hope not.

August 27, 2014 08:16 PM
fixedronin
28 posts
1 bike
Honestly my least favorite colorscheme so far, and I hated this years. The silver/alu lettering looks ridiculous and cheap and the tapered headtube seems like a largely unnecessary addition.

August 27, 2014 08:41 PM
I dig the silver down tube logo, just like the one on my Thunderdome. :)

Word from my shop's Cinelli rep is that the inside of the fork blades is chock full o' crazy colors too (a whopping nine colors in all). In my opinion, that frame would look much better if it omitted the clown puke altogether and was just all black w/ polished silver logos.

I'm already tired of tapered head tubes.

August 27, 2014 09:02 PM
Scrodzilla
1005 posts
2 bikes
I just saw this on a different forum like an hour ago.
Because I was looking to see if anyone was selling MASH 2009/ 2010 frames.

I like the black and down tube decal, very simple. Tapered head tube seems a bit much.
Apparently they are being seen at some Euro convention (not too certain).

August 27, 2014 10:03 PM
Rushing
372 posts
3 bikes
I came here with the sole purpose of looking for Scrod's comment about the tapered headtube!

Scrod, you are indeed correct, the newest trend is the tapered headtube

Good thing the BB17 Karma with the tapered head tube i've got is the 2013 model, so I can rightfully say "inb4 tapered headtube fad".

August 28, 2014 02:36 AM
IsntNigel
32 posts
1 bike
Don't mind seeing the 1/2" tapered head tube every where now. Does it actually make a difference in creating a stiffer front end? or is it just more marketing?

August 28, 2014 05:46 AM
jbrosinski
8 posts
6 bikes
Can't wait till next years thread on the 2016 histogram color scheme!

But I think that splash is color is alright.
Good thing that it's not all black imo

August 28, 2014 07:55 AM
outofstep
999 posts
15 bikes
Tapered HT just just makes sense... much stiffer. Even the factories will suggest it.

August 28, 2014 11:52 AM
pedalconsumption
142 posts
5 bikes
Of course, but the vast majority of people buying these frames won't notice a difference in stiffness or benefit from it in any way and it will just be another silly thing for fixie kids to talk about (like when they come into my shop asking which chainring will be the stiffest like they're putting out maximum wattage and destroying chainrings). Everyone "needs" their shit to be mind-blowingly stiff, so I guess it was a good move.

I can see the comments here on PR now, "Ohhhhh shit! Is that the new tapered head tube???? I gotta get me one of those because I can totally feel my head tube FLEXING, dawg!"

August 28, 2014 03:29 PM
Scrodzilla
1005 posts
2 bikes
Never really noticed the difference with stiffness, but I also never rode an aluminum bike with a tapered head tube or 1 1/2"" head tube.

August 28, 2014 04:09 PM
Rushing
372 posts
3 bikes
Doesnt look like the smooth welds from the Parallax made their way onto the 2015 Histogram either. For a $900+ frame, the ugly tig welds have always bothered me.

August 28, 2014 04:30 PM
I like this better than the chrome/black histo, but overall its ehh. OG histo with a tapered headtube would be pretty cool. but regardless of what anyone says, people are still gonna buy it

August 28, 2014 07:17 PM
richardg
315 posts
3 bikes
and this is how the inner part of the fork looks like
https://www.facebook.com/opsdopsdo/phot...
Attached Photos:
Post photo

August 31, 2014 08:10 AM
longkachia
21 posts
4 bikes
The inside coloring of the fork isn't bad tbh, it's not extremely blatant. +1 Scrod with the tapered headtubes.

September 2, 2014 03:18 AM
datlazyazndude
4 posts
2 bikes
Parallax
Attached Photos:
Post photo

September 11, 2014 09:06 PM
G0NERASM
51 posts
9 bikes

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.