Home
Forums > General Discussion >

Advice needed

(closed)
Greetings to all,

Just got my kagero and took it out for the first long ride. Stiff and tough frame , no doubt about that. In fact i love it and have been waiting to land this beauty.,

I installed the sram omnium gxp combination after advice given by LBS which i wanted to go with sugino 75 initally.

[b]Problem[/b]
There is some noise coming out from my crankset. I do not think it is the BB though. If i were to ride very very very slowly, drivetrain would be quiet and smooth. If i increases the speed, the noise (something like a tick tick tick sound) comes in.

I am unable to diagnose where is the problem and the sound seems to be coming out from the chains. I noticed that there appears to be some very small gap between the catch of the chainring and the chain. Might this be the source?

Anyone encounter this issue before? I am using the stock omnium truvativ chainring 48T and my chain is D.I.D.Racing Pro

Appreciate your input. Thank you very much gentlemen!

October 25, 2012 09:56 PM
kaede11
121 posts
7 bikes
It might be the crank arm hitting the chainstay.

October 25, 2012 11:02 PM
adrian13346
89 posts
6 bikes
Yeah, check the spider for contact on the chainstay. If that is the issue, get an older GXP BB b/c the 2012 GXP BB cups for the Omniums are cancer.

October 25, 2012 11:25 PM
pedalconsumption
142 posts
5 bikes
check axle nuts, spacers, cones. make sure the rear wheel axle/nuts/cones are properly snug.

check crank bolts

if you were hitting the frame you'd know.

as for bb. could be bearings. but honestly dont waste money yet. check the rear wheel. you can never be sure where the noise is coming from..

October 26, 2012 01:08 AM
mktng
816 posts
22 bikes
i would take it back to the lbs just to try and get their opinions and diagnostics too. youd be surprised at where sounds can come from. one of my friends kept telling me his crank bolts were creaking whenever he went riding and it turn out to be his seat was lose. just try anything you can think of on the bike in general cause you just never know.

October 26, 2012 01:58 AM
Hello

Thank you gentlemen for your help and advice. Turn out that the problem was with the chain. Chain was crooked, wasn't straight which resulted the noise.

Felt gutted though. Chain was new, D.I.D and i like the finishing. No idea why it was crooked. Anyone experienced this problem with DAIDO here? I searched online and i think, i am the only unfortunate one.

October 27, 2012 09:17 AM
kaede11
121 posts
7 bikes
crooked chain?you mean your chain line was off?

October 30, 2012 03:54 AM
outofstep
999 posts
15 bikes

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.