Home
Forums > General Discussion >

best rim/hub you"ve ridden? HELP!!!

(closed)
hey, im looking for a rim that is good for climbing hills, and is stiff. so far, my choices are the mavic open sport, and velocity aerohead. i have heard that mavic rims have gone down in quality (eylets cracking etc.) and im looking for a good hub also (im building a whole new wheelset) well, i need a good hub that isnt too pricy also. Loose bearing or sealed? im planning to spend no more than 200 on this wheelset. i need something that would look good on my leader :P

June 25, 2013 12:58 AM
there's plenty of threads covered about this.
feel free to look around :]

June 25, 2013 01:40 AM
outofstep
999 posts
15 bikes
you get what you pay for. open pro and velocity are very good. the a23 is wider than the aerohead and often the preferred rim. To tell you the truth, when climbing on fixed gear, if you're at low cadence and actually climbing, than stiffness wont be a problem. you need a high pedal speed as well as high torque to notice flex (you notice flex most in sprints when your toque and pedal speed both go up), and the mavic and velocity are stiff regardless. if you want super light than you can get the rims i have (stans no tube alpha 340) but they are not as stiff. Sealed hubs tend to be less of a hassle because they require less maintenance, but get what you prefer. Id look for a used mavic open pro track wheel set. Might be able to find one for 200

June 25, 2013 01:42 AM
Zeb_pepperoni
780 posts
9 bikes
This is insane. It's like saying, "I'm hungry. What's the best food?"

Can anyone think for themselves anymore?

June 25, 2013 02:08 AM
Scrodzilla
1005 posts
2 bikes

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.