Home
Forums > General Discussion >

Bianchi Super Pista Build Suggestion

(closed)
Frameset: Bianchi Super Pista 2012 (Celeste and black fork)

Crankset: Sram Omnium 170mm / GXP BB

Pedals: Mks Sylvan track pedals / All city cages and all city double straps

Chainring / Cog / Chain: Shimano Dura Ace NJS 50t / Phil Wood 17t with Shimano Dura Ace NJS lockring / IZUMI Eco

Handlebars / Stem: Nitto RB 021 / Dimension Threadless Stem: 100mm ; 26.0

Saddle / Seatpost: Fizik Pave CX / FSA SL-250 XC seatpost

Front wheel / Hub / Tire: Black H Plus Son Formation Face / Formula Origin8 hub 32H Radial Laced / CST Super Hp 700x25c

Rear wheel / Hub / Tire: Black H Plus Son Formation Face / Formula Origin8 hub 32H 3 Crossed Rear / CST Super Hp 700x25c

Suggestion on what should I upgrade. Right now I'm thinking of buying Paul components hub for my front wheel and buying a thomson seatpost.

July 25, 2013 04:23 AM
LongLiveZuhdi
6 posts
1 bike
Clipless, new stem, road bars, upgrade hubs. :D

July 25, 2013 05:06 AM
SillyGoose
139 posts
5 bikes
^ what he said

July 25, 2013 05:12 AM
What kind of hubs and stem should I upgrade to? I kind of want to try my nitto rb 021 so I would need a stem thats 26.0 clamp

July 25, 2013 05:21 AM
LongLiveZuhdi
6 posts
1 bike
Thomson seatpost and stem and Cadence double straps!

July 25, 2013 06:14 AM
andper
41 posts
2 bikes
Thomson is gewd.

For hubs.. Dura Ace or Phil. :D

July 25, 2013 06:50 AM
SillyGoose
139 posts
5 bikes
Is cadence straps really worth the money? It is quite pricey.

I was about to buy Dura Ace hubs but then I heard its a lot of maintenance since its loose bearing. I'm planning to ride it in the city and as everyday riding so rain and crazy city weather. I would get phil hubs but I'm kind of running low on budget.

I'm planning to get paul hubs for the front and gran compe hubs for the back since I heard good reviews on those hubs. Plus they fit my budget right now. I might hold off on getting the thomson stem but don't worry, I will upgrade to them!

July 25, 2013 02:21 PM
LongLiveZuhdi
6 posts
1 bike
I'd change the cog to a EAI or something. To me it doesn't make sense to spend that much money on a cog when your hubs are going to be Origin 8s or Formula's. If you had Phil hubs, that would be different because it's not recommended to use EAI cogs on Phil hubs (although people do anyway).

Despite the DA hubs being the loose ball bearing type, I've read around that they only need to be serviced a few times a year which isn't all too bad for such a smooth rolling hubset. I'd imagine servicing hubs would be pretty therapeutic.

Also, Cadence straps aren't all that expensive when you put it alongside other straps like Toshi's or Kashimax or MKS Alphas. Good foot retention goes a long way. It would kinda suck if you're going down hill and all of a sudden your straps snap or rip.

July 25, 2013 03:14 PM
Well I kind of got the phil wood cog for cheap so I bought it

Yeah, I rather still buy sealed bearing because I really don't feel like servicing the DA hubs and while having to go to school on the other hand too

July 25, 2013 03:16 PM
LongLiveZuhdi
6 posts
1 bike

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.