Home
Forums > General Discussion >

Build

(closed)
I'm going to purchase either a Leader 725 or a Bianchi Super Pista Frame
I am confused on how to purchase all the parts to actually build the bike though
This will be my second fixie, my first one was a gift from a friend who built it for me
Where do you guys get all your parts form?
What parts do you suggest I get?
I did research but can not find anything decent. I have a large budget since I have been saving up money for this. Thank you so much I know I sound like such a beginner right now.

July 1, 2015 08:27 PM
kramer
1 post
0 bikes
Considering you're lumping a Leader 725 in with a Super Pista, it's obvious you're only after fashion because you think aero aluminum tubing and seatpost cutouts look super cool. You'll grow out of it.

Buy a mountain bike instead. MTB is the new fixie.

July 1, 2015 09:51 PM
Scrodzilla
1005 posts
2 bikes
eBay is a good place.

July 1, 2015 11:06 PM
bootlegloki
29 posts
4 bikes
Don't build a track bike. Join the movement and build an unique scraper

July 2, 2015 12:30 AM
ghostridethewhip
500 posts
0 bikes
SCRAPER BIKEEEE!!!

July 2, 2015 04:37 AM
Zeb_pepperoni
780 posts
9 bikes
Mountain bikes are more fun anyways!

July 2, 2015 05:37 AM
bikenejad
87 posts
13 bikes
I'm going to purchase either a Leader 725 or a Bianchi Super Pista Frame

I am confused on how to purchase all the parts to actually build the bike though
# Usually one would go to a shop (bricks and mortar or online) and use money. Sometimes you can trade stuff. But not at shops.

This will be my second fixie, my first one was a gift from a friend who built it for me

Where do you guys get all your parts form?
# Shops, second hand from people, dumpster diving, in the creek. But don't steal.

What parts do you suggest I get?
# The parts you need.

I did research but can not find anything decent.
# ???? There is lots of decent.

I have a large budget since I have been saving up money for this. Thank you so much I know I sound like such a beginner right now.
# Put all of your money into my PayPal account. I'll build you a bike and you can pick it up when I'm finished.

July 2, 2015 08:15 AM
AKfromGC
179 posts
2 bikes
I wanted a bianchi super pista so bad. But when I was saving I decided on a leader. Good thing it took me forever to save for my custom because I grew out of that so fast and got myself a beautiful steel frame. Seriously, you'll get over it. I'm surprised I used to like them so much because I think they are so ugly now.

And to be honest, from the sound of your post you shouldn't really be building a custom... "I did research but can not find anything decent." --- this is the silliest post I have ever read. I hope I'm just misunderstanding what you really meant. Start off buying a complete until you learn more and realize what parts you want and what sizes and how everything fits together.

July 2, 2015 09:17 AM
Murrell
48 posts
1 bike
And you didn't say exactly what your budget is, not that it would let us help you more. And we literally can't tell you what parts to buy. We don't know your measurements so we don't know your frame size. We won't know how long a stem to get you. We don't know what style of handlebar you would prefer. We don't know what type of riding you are planning on doing so we can't recommend proper gearing or wheels. And every ass is different so good luck getting a saddle.
I advise you to just buy a bike and ride it. Actually, I advise you to get an Aventon frame from Retrogression and have Scrod build you up a super duper sweet cool points ride.

July 2, 2015 09:24 AM
Murrell
48 posts
1 bike

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.