Home
Forums > General Discussion >

Cannondale CAAD5 Track Question:

(closed)
I've really fallen in love with the Cannondale Caad5 track lately. How hard is it to find one and what is the going rate for the frameset?
Attached Photos:
Post photo

July 9, 2013 04:56 AM
BklynLOW
223 posts
23 bikes
They're rare, but not as rare as the 92-93 Cannondale Tracks. I'd say $600

July 9, 2013 06:02 AM
sublime
256 posts
5 bikes
There was one roaming on ebay a week ago.

July 9, 2013 06:15 AM
Rushing
372 posts
3 bikes
i know the guy that owns that bike!

July 9, 2013 06:15 AM
fredspreme
222 posts
8 bikes
@Fred - :) Tell your friend he may want to sell it one day :) not now but, one day. It looks like its my size.

If I was able to track down my old red cannondale track, I guess I can find this one or the Major Taylor. When the money comes the hunt will be on.

July 9, 2013 06:46 AM
BklynLOW
223 posts
23 bikes
Dude I've been looking at one of these extremely close lately as well. They have a charm to them that the old cdales just don't have.

July 9, 2013 10:01 AM
MattyMo
139 posts
14 bikes
The graphic design is eye catching. But, I LOVE the drop-outs and rear bridge. It's like a coca cola bottle shape when looking at it from the rear. It's BEAUTIFUL! I WANT IT!!!

July 9, 2013 04:13 PM
BklynLOW
223 posts
23 bikes
IMHO this "Ketchup & Mustard" color scheme is in my top 3 ugliest Cannondale liveries. In person the red, yellow and silver is truly awful.

That said, CAAD5 track frames are awesome for the street. There's a reason Cannondale made them for 8 years (as the Capo). They're light (1425g for my 60cm) and those curved stays make for a relatively smooth ride. They feature tall head tubes for a relaxed ride, normal road front-end (~73ยบ, 43mm rake) for even handling and a high BB.

Regardless of the look, I'd wholeheartedly recommend picking a CAAD5 track up. You won't regret it. Considering what Capo framesets go for, I wouldn't spend more than $400 for it.

July 9, 2013 09:13 PM
Theres a cheap one on craigslist in wherever in the world Daly City is. http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/bik/389...

July 10, 2013 02:09 AM
Rileyhunt
33 posts
8 bikes
Hey guys..Im selling mine..Size 52 pristine as. Offer me!. Have look on my flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/jinxkal/

Email me at: Kalifism@hotmail.com

Attached Photos:
Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo

July 31, 2013 09:47 AM
jinxkal
1 post
0 bikes

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.