Home
Forums > General Discussion >

Centurio primus (plus) bikes

(closed)
Hey guys I'm planning on acquiring a new frame and just wanted to have your opinions
and / or experiences with these Centurio frames.
What other frames could you recommend instead ?
thanks.

December 12, 2017 05:39 PM
zeke123
11 posts
0 bikes
I'm skeptical of any company that only exists on instagram. There are tons of great bikes to choose from. What are you looking for?

December 13, 2017 02:40 AM
Jehu
541 posts
13 bikes
A nice aluminium track frame really (have a cinelli already).
Would mainly be using it to cruise around London and the occasional race.

December 13, 2017 03:31 AM
zeke123
11 posts
0 bikes
So why not use your cinelli?

December 13, 2017 03:40 AM
Jehu
541 posts
13 bikes
just want to switch it up and besides I love the process of building up my own bike.
so any recommendations ?

December 14, 2017 04:53 AM
zeke123
11 posts
0 bikes
just want to switch it up and besides I love the process of building up my own bike.
so any recommendations ?

December 14, 2017 04:53 AM
zeke123
11 posts
0 bikes
Build a bike that's not like the ones you have already. Says the guy who owns 3 identical track bikes. Do whatever you want.

December 14, 2017 03:34 PM
Jehu
541 posts
13 bikes
I have one
Riding good

December 15, 2017 09:34 AM
Iced
24 posts
19 bikes
Same. To me it's just as great as any other expensive alu frameset... The finish is beautiful - nice welds, beautiful paint.

Biggest difference from my other bikes is the weight. It's very light. Frame weighs in at around 1350g (L) and fork (uncut) around 300g.

December 15, 2017 11:13 AM
Karl
275 posts
34 bikes
I get the feeling that Centurio reached out to y'all about their bikes and not the other way around.

December 16, 2017 02:35 AM
Jehu
541 posts
13 bikes
it's a brand tries to be french but actually chinese... their frames are okay ish

December 19, 2017 05:23 AM
alexliush
22 posts
14 bikes
Petite info comme ca je suis de bordeaux et une équipe nommée gloryowl commence une collaboration avec un fabriquant artisanal et de par ce fait ils vendent le centurio primus contact les pour savoir si il y en a encore de dispo et les tailles je precise excellent etat

January 7, 2018 11:04 PM
> I get the feeling that Centurio reached out to y'all about their bikes and not the other way around.

This. More and more "Instagram famous" fixed riders suddenly have a Centurion frames. Something about this is very fishy. Just lame Cervelo T1 knockoffs nothing else.

February 1, 2018 09:28 PM
HNFXD
25 posts
21 bikes
If you want an honest answer
I think it ride really good but it's limited on the street.
Was using a mash parallax for everyday riding ( witch is by the way an excellent frame in my opinion)
I just move most of the components to the centurio an it's a nice ride .
Definitely more on the track side than the parallax.
Would not jump to the sidewalks with a full carbon fork and what I guess is a really thin aluminum frame because you can ear every bit of your crankset resonate in it . But they are both good in the they're way .
And yes it's really close of the cervelo T1 with a funky paint job (really well done btw)
But if you plan to take it on the track
That is a different story because this thing is stiff as hell and you can feel every bit of your strength in the rear tire .

February 7, 2018 06:37 AM
Iced
24 posts
19 bikes
@HNFXD Good to know it's not just me. I wish there was more honest reviews of track/fixed stuff, but the market is probably too small.

February 7, 2018 02:29 PM
Jehu
541 posts
13 bikes
^ totally agree

February 8, 2018 03:36 AM
alexliush
22 posts
14 bikes
The deal is, if it's not good, I don't have to say anything about it at all. Don't get yourself in a situation where you'll have to lie to others and ruin your credibility...

I'm light and weak as shit so I can rarely feel the difference in stiffness with the higher-grade frames - as for this one. I won't speak for that. That's why the low weight matters more to me. The geometry is a different thing though. Tight angles are always nice, but I find the handling of the Parallax Cyanotype more to my liking, it feels more responsive.

I think the welds on the frame are great, and the paint nicely done - hard to ague with. I also think the frame's too expensive. If you like the look more than Dosnoventa or Mash frames, get one - it's a good frameset. If you don't, not too hard to get something else for that price.

I'm stoked to get a frame as a sponsorship gift, I think everyone would be. I definitely write more about it, answer more questions, than if I'd bought it myself - I feel like that's the least I can do. I don't write shit, though.

February 8, 2018 10:15 AM
Karl
275 posts
34 bikes

February 8, 2018 12:52 PM
Iced
24 posts
19 bikes
Now that's ^ the kind of high quality review I'm looking for.

For the record: I hold no ill will towards either of you, anyone given a bike by centuro, or centuro themselves. It just seems odd that the only people who seem to own one are sponsored and I feel like that something that should be discussed. I also think that copying the T1 (at least stylistically) is a great idea and if they're any good I'd like to more people riding them

February 8, 2018 02:40 PM
Jehu
541 posts
13 bikes

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.