Home
Forums > General Discussion >

Cinelli Mash Bolt or Histogram//

(closed)
im looking to get a new frameset in a couple month and would like your opinions on which you think is better and why?

EDIT.

i ride quite agressive and fast but i ride ALOT of distance etc. like 20-25 miles everyday, so would need to be quite comfortable.

February 26, 2012 08:27 PM
histogram has an aggressive geo with a higher bb and shorter chainstays. probably uncomfortable on longer rides, although chas has proven otherwise.

bolt has a more relaxed geo with a lower bb and longer chainstays. classic cinelli mash bolt geo, more relaxed for a comfortable road approach.

although theyre made by the same company, they will ride very differently. i am also looking into these frames. consider LOW// and the Leader Kagero also. as the LOW// is somewhat similar to the aggressive geo of the histogram. and im pretty sure the Kagero has the exact same geometry as the bolt, if not extremely close to it.

let me know what you pick. good luck

February 26, 2012 08:38 PM
If you're stuck between those 2 frames get the bolt because of the geo. You should really look at other frames though besides those, but if you really like the bolt or histogram go ahead and get one, after all it's gonna be your bike.
Remember the LOW// has a wait time of 8 MONTHS!!!!

February 26, 2012 09:06 PM
TRACKER
149 posts
5 bikes
see, i personally don't like the colour way on the Bolt. and really prefer the Kagero out of the two cinelli frame sets.

im currently riding a subrosa malum FGFS frame set which isnt any good to me! so any of these are a massive improvment.

but yeah, the Kagero is my ultimate frameset but is guite hard to get hold off in the UK. and the only difference between the Bolt and kagero is the seat tube is a 75 on the leader and 74 on the bolt. and i honestly dont know how that would effect the ride!

February 26, 2012 09:52 PM
You wont be able to feel the difference. Try these places see if they can order you one, probably send them an email (they're both leader distributors)
http://singlespeedlondon.com/shop/
http://www.tokyofixedgear.com/

February 26, 2012 10:15 PM
TRACKER
149 posts
5 bikes
I don't think the Histogram would start to feel uncomfortable with only 25 miles. I've gone on 50+ mile rides (80 miles being the longest) And I didn't start to feel that uncomfortable until around 40-50 miles and that was just a bit of ass soreness.

February 26, 2012 10:57 PM
For daily street riding you do not need track geo why do you need track geo? The bolt geo will be practical for that riding style since it will be comfortable yet responsive for the urban riding.

February 26, 2012 11:26 PM
Benson
134 posts
22 bikes

February 27, 2012 01:00 AM
i think you wouldnt know the difference between the two so whatever one you like best

edit: by know, i mean feel. sorry, dont want to seem rude

February 27, 2012 07:44 AM
thanks for the advice guys! i think i may go with the histogram as i personally like the colourway ALOT more than the bolts new silver etc.

im not going to really notice a 1cm shorter wheelbase am i?

once again, thanks guys!

February 27, 2012 06:44 PM

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.