Home
Forums > General Discussion >

Cinelli Mash Histogram size confusion. 50 or 53 for someone who is 5'7

(closed)
Hello, I feel like people post a lot about their size problems but I am not able to go try out any cinellis or have I found anything helping out a person who is my height. I am 5'7 my inseam is 31 inches. I am considering a size 50 or 53. Is there anyone with this frame in either of those sizes that could offer some advice?

January 30, 2013 06:15 AM
shannoncav
2 posts
1 bike
I have a 55cm Cinelli mash 2009 and I love the geo of it! I am around 5'8 with an inseam of 31 and 1/2. I love this frame because it fits me perfect! I can reach and relax my shoulders a lot more when riding and being in a probed skyward position personally feels great for me. Also, when I ride my bike, I extend my legs further then most people because I tend to have a "scoop" motion on the end of a downward stroke. So if you were given the 50cm and the 53cm, I personally, from my past experience, would advise you to go with the 53cm. What also may help you with your sizing is to go look around here, on pedalroom builds and ask other fellow owners through their personal page! Good luck.

January 30, 2013 06:53 AM
iaznryan
116 posts
0 bikes
I'm 5'10" (long legs) with an inseam of 32" and I ride a 53cm and I have about 5" of seat post sticking out with a 100mm stem on a 53cm top tube. Feels really nice, not too stretched out but not too scrunched up after running through stem sizes 90-120mm. 50cm MAY be a tad too small. I'm not too sure on your body measurements but that should be a ball park.

January 30, 2013 07:26 AM
jbrosinski
8 posts
6 bikes
I currently have two fujis, a 54 and 52. The 52 (a little on the small side) is significantly more comfortable for me. I feel like I'm really stretching on the 54 and am intimidated when riding it. I know the cinelli is a completely different bike then Fuji so I wasn't sure if they maybe ran big or small. based on my current bikes and your guys advice I think the 53 should work out. Do guys have a stem you could recommend? I plan on getting either deda or cinelli pista bars

January 30, 2013 09:52 AM
shannoncav
2 posts
1 bike
I think the best way for you guys to really decide would to compare the geo to a past frame's geo that you thought fit well. compare the effective top tube for both and go from there

January 30, 2013 10:03 AM
outofstep
999 posts
15 bikes
Deda Pista FTW! Roll with Deda Newton pista! I love my handlebar setup. Also, another thing about the "reach" It feels more relaxed and a lot shorter compared to my motobecane team track

January 31, 2013 03:10 AM
iaznryan
116 posts
0 bikes
So what frame did you get ?! I have the same size and inseam as you, and I have the same confusion , I don't know what to do -.-

July 22, 2013 02:32 AM
morton
1 post
1 bike
Same height, Same inseam, Same frame.

I ride 51cm size.

and it fits pretty good.

July 27, 2013 03:26 AM
damian_ha
7 posts
0 bikes

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.