Home
Forums > General Discussion >

Classic lugged track frame with tight clearances.

(closed)
Hi all,
I always loved lugged track bike but I'm kind of tired of looking at vintage bikes that aren't perfect so I would like to know if anyone of you know an off the shelf lugged track frame with tight clearances for instance there is the Brother cycles 725 track frame but I wanted to know if there are any other options.

August 10, 2013 01:14 PM
Puranti
5 posts
0 bikes
Vintage bikes that aren't perfect? A lot of vintage track bikes are lugged with tight clearances. It sounds like you're looking at vintage road frames or conversions. Those frames don't have as tight of clearance as track frames do.

August 10, 2013 03:35 PM
BRNDNLPZ
212 posts
1 bike
I mean that most of the time, the vintage frames are rusted, dented, have old standards that are hard to find, etc or are too expensive for what they are.

August 10, 2013 03:44 PM
Puranti
5 posts
0 bikes
I see what you're saying. If you're looking for a modern company that produces vintage style frames with those specifications, I'd check out Pelizzoli bikes and Colossi too. They might be a little on the pricy side but they're super nice. You don't see too many Pelizzoli frames floating around either.

August 10, 2013 03:52 PM
BRNDNLPZ
212 posts
1 bike
Yeah I know, those are nice frames but for the same price I think I'll go with Orlowski or Rychtarski.

August 10, 2013 05:23 PM
Puranti
5 posts
0 bikes
DROMARTI an UK company has old school Italian lugged frames built with the cutting edge Dedacciai Zero Replica tubes .Try to check it out-they are amazing!
http://bikereviews.com/2010/01/dromarti...

August 10, 2013 09:01 PM
naval
9 posts
5 bikes
there are plenty of perfect ones. you just gotta spend a lot of money

August 10, 2013 11:06 PM
Zeb_pepperoni
780 posts
9 bikes
dents and rust add character!

August 11, 2013 09:05 AM

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.