Home
Forums > General Discussion >

Cycling Clothes

(closed)
What are some good jersies and shorts that are affordable/reasonably priced?

I've seen a lot of them ranging in different prices. Are pricier ones necessarily better (breathability, comfortable padding, etc)?

What do you guys wear and how do you like it?

January 16, 2015 04:13 AM
AznChiliSauce
103 posts
9 bikes
I wear Black Sabbath t-shirts that are older than most of my friends and cutoff brown Dickies 874 pants.

January 16, 2015 04:30 AM
Scrodzilla
1005 posts
2 bikes
go on eBay and look for deals. Brand names are good. get the right size. Stay away from the nameless Chinese replicas.

for example: i just bought a pactimo summit bib on eBay. Retail is 130, but it was just some dude selling what looks like a sizing sample. I got it for 38 bucks. I've also gotten giordana, castelli, pearl izumi, etc. Just keep an eye out for a deal. I prefer to only buy clothes that are new, but if you're willing to buy a used bib than there are even more deals to be had.

Clothes wear out, and I've found no reason to buy brand specific. For me, finding a good deal is the most important thing when it comes to clothing because i don't plan to get attached.

January 16, 2015 05:01 AM
Zeb_pepperoni
780 posts
9 bikes
Nashbar brand stuff is pretty good they also have sales on more expensive brands. I normally buy the cheapest jerseys with pockets and mid-level shorts but I've found that my favorite are a pair of schwinn classic shorts that I picked up at walmart for 20 bucks

January 16, 2015 06:00 AM
Pcola
68 posts
4 bikes
If you could, try and get something at a cheaper price and then if you like it buy it when or where ever you can. But be aware that some used items may not be in the best condition or have all the padding. I bought a lot of 3 bib shorts and there was no padding at all in them.

After some time I got Hincapie and Peark Izumi. Really dig Hincapie items, but Capo looks comfy. Rapha is baller.

January 16, 2015 05:46 PM
Rushing
372 posts
3 bikes
also, i should add: i only wear race cut things because i like it snug.

January 17, 2015 06:50 AM
Zeb_pepperoni
780 posts
9 bikes
Ha ha. What's a Black Sabbath?
I won't be surprised if some have at least thought that.

January 17, 2015 07:05 AM
AKfromGC
179 posts
2 bikes
i heard black sabbath is related to satan and ill have nothing to do with it also pearl izumis under cut off levi's with a light wool jersey work real nice for me one those long stretches

January 17, 2015 08:06 AM
moose
475 posts
6 bikes
No no Moose, you've heard it all wrong. Black Sabbath is good wholesome family music. It's Justin Bieber who is related to satan. And he's the mofo that you need to have nothing to do with.

January 17, 2015 10:18 AM
AKfromGC
179 posts
2 bikes
Walmart x Thruster kit

January 18, 2015 02:29 AM
buddypal
15 posts
0 bikes
no its just a shitty band

January 18, 2015 10:17 PM
You're just a shitty band.

January 19, 2015 04:06 PM
Scrodzilla
1005 posts
2 bikes
Rapha, Craft, Giro. I have a few items from Rapha. I only buy their stuff when they have a sale, which I think they still have now. I found a Craft jersey at Performance bike shop for about $20. I have a pair of Giro full finger gloves but their shorts look really nice. Rapha's stuff is still pretty pricey on sale but it's worth it. I have the merino t-shirt, touring shorts, pro team jacket and hi vis vest. The vest is awesome for when I ride at night.

January 19, 2015 09:29 PM

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.