Home
Forums > General Discussion >

First Rides of 2018

(closed)
I did't know what I was thinking. I always did this trail from the other side, I knew slightly that from this side it were extremely steep of a climb, but I figured from all my direct drive rides I should be able to pull her up.

When I found the entrance there was a man waiting with two large hounds, he moved aside and bid me good luck.

I began the climb, it zig zags up a mountain on a road that is only for the maintenance of a radio tower upon the peak, soon I were huffing up a storm and suddenly it seemed there was a toad frog in my throat, I began to flutter in a quixotic ecstasy and I thought I were done for, I said to myself 'I will die here in these bushes, so be it'.

I thought to myself as I suffered the core breakdown 'so strange how each of our organs turn themselves onto a survival mode when the body is about to kick the bucket'.

But I refused to put a foot down and I soon was pulling myself up the last leg of the climb as if I were pulling onto a rope to scale a cliff.

At the top there appeared a giant of a man with nymphs running all about his legs and he bellowed to me from a shining light "Nicely Done!"

I gasped "happy new year" and rolled down the other side toward the fountain.

Anyone of you guys have stories of your first rides in this new year?

January 1, 2018 09:00 PM
NicolasCalifornia
201 posts
6 bikes
shit, i don't think any of us on here actually ride

January 2, 2018 01:43 AM
moose
475 posts
6 bikes
I am dismayed, again I have implored you fellow cyclists to speak about your rides, thinking that should be the easiest way to wriggle it out, but all there is is the sound of the crickets then Moose says a few words and they echo away into the desert

January 4, 2018 02:21 AM
NicolasCalifornia
201 posts
6 bikes
i rode for a bike once

January 4, 2018 09:31 AM
tricksonafixed
320 posts
5 bikes
Summary of my new years rides so far.

I planned to go out for a ride, then here in europe we get storms, Carmen and Eleanor, ok nothing to rival US hurricanes, but still enough rain and wind to kill any joy of riding!

So no rides so far...

January 4, 2018 11:24 AM
Thanks Arthur for being true. After I coasted down to the fountain on the other side of the mountain I continued along a haunted road where a While Lady floats hither and thither on moonlit nights (there are dead Indians hanging from the boughs of the trees along the river and then a friend of mine lost his wits when he saw a ghost sitting beside him upon a bench) And this place was jam-packed with adventurers who wanted to see the river, thronging upon the shoulders of the road.

January 5, 2018 02:55 PM
NicolasCalifornia
201 posts
6 bikes
2018 is the year of the commuter! ride to work, sit at work dreaming of riding, then ride home after work!

Riding for pleasure is so 2017

January 5, 2018 04:31 PM
pwebb88
504 posts
14 bikes
I ride to work Mon-Fri and drive my BMW on the weekends. 🤷‍️ Same shit, different year.

January 6, 2018 05:26 AM
Bwillam459
25 posts
2 bikes
My ride yesterday. I’m through with bikes

January 6, 2018 11:19 AM
Karl
271 posts
34 bikes
sideways pictures are not appreciated karl

January 7, 2018 05:30 AM
moose
475 posts
6 bikes
I'm sorry :( It didn't show sideways on my phone

January 7, 2018 05:39 PM
Karl
271 posts
34 bikes
Ah man if you guys could have seen the ride I did yesterday, but the day before yesterday I got a response from a feller on craigslist who was displeased with my advertisement (I am looking for a bassist and I said that a plague was coming).

So I got in a little argument with him about the meaning of life and if the plague were coming then why should anyone even want to make a one-hit-wonder.

So then the next day I went on the spectacular ride along the coast in a cloud that was really totally heavenly, then, in the middle of the night my left eye began to bother me and now it is all swelled up with a stye on it and I am blaming the guy on craigslist.

January 7, 2018 10:29 PM
NicolasCalifornia
201 posts
6 bikes
Perhaps some one out there might be interested in what I saw today on my commute home.
Riding along atop my Bertin I was scared nearly off the path by three crows who were just at that moment taking a dip in a puddle of water that just formed after the recent rains.
I'm not kidding, they were doing barrel-rolls in the puddle!

Barrel-Rolls! really! Complete barrel rolls! all chaotic and water was flying everywhere!

January 13, 2018 12:28 AM
NicolasCalifornia
201 posts
6 bikes
but did you find a bassist?!?!?!?!?!?!

January 13, 2018 06:08 AM
pwebb88
504 posts
14 bikes
This would be a sick commute for me everyday with only a track bike in Minnesota winter working 10+ everyday.

I miss riding my bike to work because it kept me from being a lazy fucker. But in 2017 I was told to move out and not having any real friends forced me into this grind that shreds my soul into pieces. Which is why I'm a sarcastic, primitive raged prick.
Attached Photos:
Post photo

January 13, 2018 01:29 PM
tricksonafixed
320 posts
5 bikes
My commute is only forty minutes and the Bertin is a lolling cloud of a ride.
P.Webb, I didn't find the bassist. I probably have to wait a few more years and try the one hit wonder when I am quite up there, then I will have back up singers and everything.

Full production, the big times.

Thanks for asking! Good luck Tricks on your hell! Make it through man, really! Nice mountain bikes moose!

January 13, 2018 03:41 PM
NicolasCalifornia
201 posts
6 bikes
I borrowed my boss' fat bike and got my first ride in the other day when we closed down for snow

January 22, 2018 11:30 PM
osiris419
46 posts
64 bikes

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.