Home
Forums > General Discussion >

Fixie vs. Track Bike

(closed)
I think that track bikes ridden on any surface besides a track deserve the title as a "fixie".

Anyone agree?

January 14, 2013 07:26 AM
joserheo
222 posts
9 bikes
The word fixie gives an eww connotation in my opinion. I reference fixed cog bicycles as fixed gear, track bike, and a fix. As for deserving a title, I guess you can refer to olympic track and street track for higher end fixed gear bicycles. Again thats just me

January 14, 2013 07:41 AM
iaznryan
116 posts
0 bikes
thats silly. thats like saying driving an f1 car on the roads (who knows where thats allowed..im sure somewhere in Asia) makes it a road car and not a race car.

i've always associated fixies with risers,funny colors and baristas . but thats just me.

i still consider my noni and concept track bikes. but they are street ridden. yet to find a track near me

January 14, 2013 12:07 PM
mktng
816 posts
22 bikes
fixies are like the hot topic kids of bikes

January 15, 2013 06:27 AM
outofstep
999 posts
15 bikes
You can have your 'fixie'. I'll take my track bike.

January 15, 2013 03:12 PM
chewypurple
92 posts
9 bikes
So when I ride my bike on the track, it's a track bike. But when I ride my bike home from the track on the street it becomes a fixie? Your logic is flawed. "Fixie" in my opinion are the old conversion/cheapy colorful bikes where the kids who ride it wear snap backs and pom beanies and do a super sweet nuts to stem skid at every stop sign/light they get to and their mind set about their bike is, which colors should I put on it next?? Many track riders take to the streets because streets offer something the track doesn't. This is just my opinion though.

January 15, 2013 07:03 PM
hawtdamnsteben
26 posts
5 bikes
^+1

January 15, 2013 07:05 PM
jr22
97 posts
5 bikes
Who cares?

January 16, 2013 12:56 AM
If you want to categorize yourself, fine. I'll focus on riding instead of trivial/trite generalizations.

January 16, 2013 08:56 PM
MustangWolf
360 posts
4 bikes
You can ride track, then you can ride tarck. 2 different types of riding done on a track bike. A "fixie" has different geometry than a track bike.

P.S. If you dislike this comment, you're advocating for communism.

January 17, 2013 02:37 AM
brembilla
429 posts
8 bikes
and if theyre not ridden because theyre uncomfortable and expensive?

January 17, 2013 07:30 AM
Zeb_pepperoni
780 posts
9 bikes
But i will say, i liked the colorful road conversions of 6 years ago much more than what all the rich hype beasts are buying these days. The age of the broke hipster is over, its all rich kids these days. Rich kids who see nothing besides cost. no creativity or imagination, and form definitely always comes before function, and even before riding. Lets be real, if you wanna see something special or new, chances are you wont find it on this site. the ratio of cool bikes to dumb bikes is like 28.5:1. the end.

January 17, 2013 07:38 AM
Zeb_pepperoni
780 posts
9 bikes

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.