Home
Forums > General Discussion >

fixing a dent on an aluminum frame

(closed)
I got a really minor dent on my mash...it just irritates me looking at it...anyone know if its possible to fix it? I've put a sticker on top of it...which helps, but also reminds me its underneath...

February 4, 2013 07:03 PM
Where is the dent located and how big is it?

Aluminum can't be repaired like steel. Worse comes to worst, you're gonna have to get a new frame and that's probably gonna happen unless you like riding on a time bomb.

February 4, 2013 11:08 PM
buy mine :D

February 4, 2013 11:44 PM
iRideFixed
193 posts
17 bikes
I've got an extremely minor dent on my mash as well... you've got to just Rule #5 it.

February 5, 2013 12:51 AM
brembilla
429 posts
8 bikes
If it's a big one, you should probably retire the frame (it sucks, I know, but it's better than having the frame fail on you). If you really manage to screw up a steel frame, it will fail over time (bend, wrinkle, whatever). You can also repair steel. Aluminum is completely different. It doesn't like to be damaged or repaired. And it will fail catastrophically and without warning.

February 5, 2013 01:40 AM
its not a big dent at all...its very small...more of a aesthetics things for me... You can barely see it, but if you rub your finger over it you will feel it. I'll post a pic soon.

February 6, 2013 12:12 AM
dents give character!

February 6, 2013 03:46 AM
fredspreme
222 posts
8 bikes
nice metaphor @track. I've come to cope with it and by coping with it i mean i'm gonna buy a new bike.

February 6, 2013 09:40 PM

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.