Home
Forums > General Discussion >

Front Rim Problems

(closed)
I have a Velocity Deep V front rim and I'm having some problems.
Recently I hit a pot hole and got a pinch flat. I changed the tube and pumped it up and it was fine until I pulled my bike out the next morning and found that it was flat. I changed and checked the tube again and it was the rim side of the tube but my rim tape was intact. I changed the tube once more and pumped it and it lasted me through 70 miles in one day on 80-90 PSI I then pumped it up to 110 PSI and it lasted me a while. This morning I pulled my bike out and it's deflated to about 50-60 PSI right now. Can someone help me out? I don't think it's my rim tape because my rim tape is intact.

June 10, 2012 06:12 PM
hawtdamnsteben
26 posts
5 bikes
how long ago was it when you pumped it up to 110? Tubes naturally deflate due to the rubber being porous.

June 10, 2012 10:44 PM
are you using tire levers to put the tire back on the rim? if so, you could be pinching the tube then and it may not be your rim. ALWAYS use only your hands when putting a tire back on.

June 10, 2012 10:59 PM
snorky
179 posts
4 bikes
Get a slime tube.

June 12, 2012 02:15 PM
neilmandude
38 posts
5 bikes
dont get a slime tube. slime is a bitch to work with and it doesnt work a majority of the time. every time you get a flat, you have to wash the slime out your tire and slime tubes are not patchable.

slime was the biggest scam of the 2000s in the bike industry.

experience: use at home when my dad bought lots of it when i was younger, encounters with slime from customers bikes at the shop.

June 12, 2012 03:12 PM
snorky
179 posts
4 bikes
Recently had a dual flat day only to find that the 13mm Velox tape covered the spoke holes fine in a static condition.But, under pressure migrated a bit to allow the tube to enter the hole and puncture.Replaced with 17mm Velox tape and solved this annoying problem

August 18, 2012 03:32 AM

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.