Home
Forums > General Discussion >

Hatta r9400 bottom bracket

(closed)
Please give me some opinion about the Hatta r9400 bottom bracket...:)

i read that it has a mirror polished ball like the sugino 75 superlap BB.

But the Hatta r9400 is cheaper than the superlap.

anyone has any experience with this bb?

thanks alot!

October 30, 2011 06:42 PM
They are perfectly good bottom brackets. Ive had Hatta and currently SG75 and I they both work like should.

October 31, 2011 03:30 AM
Benson
134 posts
24 bikes
But compared to the sugino 75, the hatta has mirror polished balls, so is it better than the sugino 75? (not the superlap, the original sugino 75 BB)

October 31, 2011 06:09 AM
there is a story i like to tell at this point. there was this famous german frame builder who made a titanium bike for one special customer (not me!). after the bike was ready he called the customer and asked him to pick it up.

when he arrived a few days later he was very impressed by the bike - all components were exquisite, but there was one thing he was not happy with: he said: "hey, i want to have a titanium chain on that bike too. for the weight!" (thats the mirror polished balls in your question). the frame builder says: well, for the weight i have a better idea. get loose of your balls. you save 100 gramm and could even start in woman competitions....got it?

October 31, 2011 11:40 AM
strange
201 posts
35 bikes
Hahaha

Dude they are all decent bb's that will work like a bb. As long as you take care of the parts they will last you a long time.

Think of it this way. Hatta bottom bracket is njs approved right? Sugino 75 bottom brackets are njs approved as well. So that they will not be better or worse than each other.

October 31, 2011 01:58 PM
Benson
134 posts
24 bikes
I have experienced them both. They both ride the same. I think the only issue you would have to worry about would be the taper. As all sugino 75 cranks work to seamlessly fit the sugino 75 BB's. And as for the hatta, they have no problem working with all other NJS cranks. But both are ISO tapers. But it's all on personal preference and your build..

November 2, 2011 02:08 AM
This might be a stupid question, but can you run regular square taper cranks with Hatta swan or SG75 BB's? Or, can you use a Dura Ace FC-7600 or any NJS crank on a regular square tapered bottom bracket?

December 29, 2013 07:53 AM
Blitz_BNR34
17 posts
7 bikes
From what I remember, Hatta R9400 or any njs bottom bracket for that matter are ISO, so putting something square tapered on these bb's will risk stripping the spindle or the crank. This also applies to your question on the " fc-7600 cranks on any regular square tapered bb ".
*Correct me if I am wrong*

December 29, 2013 08:14 AM
Jaysumthin
21 posts
5 bikes
I've had both. Both amazing!

December 29, 2013 08:26 PM
Square tapered refers to both ISO and JIS they are interchangeable for the most part, but you can run into problems when installing JIS cranks on an ISO spindle. It has nothing to do with stripping anything, JIS cranks just might bottom out on ISO spindles, which would leave play in the cranks, preventing a secure installation. But you can often get away with it, just make sure it's nice and secure, not wiggling about.

December 30, 2013 04:34 AM
GromCake
210 posts
11 bikes
ISO taper cranks on a JIS taper bb. You could ride it, but it'll trash the taper on those cranks, you'll only be able to ride 'em on JIS bb's in the future. I'd say look for a 109mm ISO taper bb as that's what they were designed for.

May 24, 2015 05:07 AM
GromCake
210 posts
11 bikes

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.