Home
Forums > General Discussion >

Hplusson wheels??

(closed)
Are hpluson good affordable wheels? And if so which type of hpluson's?!? Need help finding a wheel set!!

February 28, 2014 04:21 AM
pakasquad03
6 posts
1 bike
they're awesome

wanna buy my formation faces?

February 28, 2014 04:48 AM
cap
67 posts
1 bike
Archetypes, nuff said.

February 28, 2014 06:31 AM
chekrdnickrs
12 posts
1 bike
I LUH MINE.

February 28, 2014 06:39 AM
track how dare you

February 28, 2014 07:10 AM
cap
67 posts
1 bike
Can you send me some pictures

February 28, 2014 04:01 PM
pakasquad03
6 posts
1 bike
archetype

February 28, 2014 05:15 PM
asman
3 posts
3 bikes
I had a pair of SL42 32h hand laced and the wheels were SUPER stiff. They expensive though

March 1, 2014 12:55 PM
I rode Archetypes for about a year when they were brand new. Nice wheels, brake tracks super smooth if you care about that, and the polish finish was excellent. Only reason I haven't been using them is because I run lighter tubulars now. Keep the archetypes around for clincher skid duties.

March 12, 2014 08:28 AM
Archetypes are the roundest rims I've built with, period. I used to love Velocity's rims for their options, pricing, and quality. Honestly, the quality isn't what it was six years ago. That's a shame. I have two friends with A23's with weld issues, one was warrantied by Velocity.

H Plus Son have a fantastic welding operation and are very true/round before building. This is great for beginning wheelbuilders. That, and the weight/aero/ride quality package of Archetypes are nearly ideal for an everyday bike.

I've built two sets of wheels with Archetypes for myself and one for my girlfriend. They have been trouble-free.

One note: the finish on the gray hard ano is much tougher than the black. My black wheels have the brake tracks nearly all silver after less than 1000 miles while the hard ano wheels are still gray after even more mileage.

March 12, 2014 02:57 PM
CrashTest
36 posts
15 bikes
i want some Hplusson archytypes but i really dont want to spend a grip of monies on a wheelset
. will anyone tell me how the h plus sons laced to origin8 formula hubs fair? also if they are lighter and more durable than weinnman dp18 laced to origin 8 hubs

October 28, 2014 12:49 AM
malachic
50 posts
7 bikes
http://www.weinmanntek.com/Products/RAC...
http://hplusson.com/products/archetype
There you go.
Too bad velocity rims have gone down hill. They should have kept the factory here in Australia.

October 28, 2014 06:04 AM
AKfromGC
179 posts
2 bikes
Dropping monies on a wheelset is a good investment.
Well...if it's quality stuff, that is. Not full carbon wheels for fixiefoo riding or whatever

October 28, 2014 07:06 AM
outofstep
999 posts
15 bikes
i loooove mine. have a pair of suzue's to tb14's and a pair of archetypes to phils. they are stiff, strong and real purdy. get some!

October 28, 2014 03:13 PM
moose
475 posts
6 bikes
http://www.velomine.com/index.php?main_...

im diggin these right here.
@outofstep i want to get these laced to some phil but the money is tight right now

but i feel anything will be better than having these weinnman dp18's i currently have. part upgrades make a difference in the ride even if it is just the halo and spokes

what do you all think these
archetypes // origin8 hub or weinmanndp18 // origin 8 hub

October 29, 2014 12:00 AM
malachic
50 posts
7 bikes
I can attest to the Archetype's ride quality. They are noticeably better than the stock wheels on my road bike. Super stiff and accelerate effortlessly.

I also have a set of DP18s laced to Formula hubs. The weight is definitely there, but after hundreds of miles (including off road, wheelies, leaping off ledges), they remain as true as when I purchased them.

In my honest opinion, I would hold off and save up a little more for better hubs. Buying a whole new wheelset only to change the rims doesn't seem beneficial enough to justify the spending. If you wait for some nice hubs to go with the Archetypes, you won't regret buying the Formula wheelset when you find yourself wanting better hubs down the road. If you're expecting to be riding for years to come, you'll wish you sprung for the better components early in the game.

October 29, 2014 03:50 AM
m_sobie
35 posts
28 bikes
Great wheels, haven't gotten untrue yet, even though i often take stairs&roots in the forrest - on my way to university... Looks great, rides great - a bit expensive though.. especially w the phil wood hubs - but definately worth it

October 29, 2014 11:32 AM
Karl
289 posts
45 bikes

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.