Home
Forums > General Discussion >

Indonesians on PR

(closed)
Indonesia came a long way. Especially since it's modernized. It used to be in ruins not many years ago. I think its awesome that they have a scene, I can't wait to get out there and ride one day and meet the locals.

October 29, 2012 10:53 PM
dwayneb9584
245 posts
7 bikes
I just hate how i can't read the comments they leave on bikes.

October 30, 2012 01:22 AM
PocosPeroLocos
58 posts
2 bikes
Hahaha no google translate option under their comments. They can understand us but not vice versa :(

October 30, 2012 04:44 AM
brembilla
429 posts
8 bikes
first im sorry my english is bad. im sorry im indonesian maybe you can visit indonesia and contact me, in indonesia there are @laspasik @velotrace_id @fixedfest event like in america, we join together to sell our 2nd stuff or sharing in jakarta fixed fest is the biggest event in jakarta, and now we speak laspasik, every year there are 6 events available if you come most on there are expensive bike and good style. in here 30% are expensive bike yeah im agree that in Indonesia economy is thriving. yeah maybe some people want to buy a fixed gear but start in cheap bike, and step by step they'll upgrade their stuff into good style and desain. a year ago fixed gear is booming in here yeah labil people build their fixed without desain. my bike is not expensive but i just renew my spesification. im sorry if there are some people is not good in their attitude

November 3, 2012 01:50 PM
primadian
2 posts
1 bike
The scene has just explode around 3/2 years ago when the FuFuFu, Cyclonesia & All the folks from Rocket Company started this scene.Well,actually the scene is calming down since a year ago. But once again thanks to Rocket Co. for making Fixed Fest the biggest even in town (even the biggest FG event in the Country) the scenes is rising up again. And if you ask about all the awesome-track bike those teenagers has its because maybe they're rich or the bought it second-hand from a local craig-list or something like that. A month ago Jakarta Velodrome Asociation (or something like that) created an event for local teenagers & adults call "VELOTRACE" (Velodrome Track Race) to creat a new generation for track racers (yes,it's like an "american idol" but for athletes). That's how the scenes go, plus there's a local documenter film titled "JAKARTARCK" which explain how the scenes started up.

November 24, 2012 02:26 PM
BimoRahmantyo
1 post
1 bike
Because we love bicycle! Local government facilitate us with a Car Free Day every two weeks (now every week) that thousands of cyclist gather since 5am.

Teenagers with that dream machines? In 90's there was a hype in cycling scene in Indonesia, so fathers hand over their Merckx, Bridgestone, Concorde, Pinarello, Bianchi to sons 20 years later . . .

Check www.bukalapak.com , every teenagers start from this online market, step by step upgraded their bikes, sell it to beginners, trades, etc.

Work hard, play hard.

November 24, 2012 05:42 PM
bayuratono
1 post
1 bike
nah.. in US or Europe (especially in US) most of u have track bike must be a full time cyclist or cycling is your main occasion.
yes in indonesia, bike parts are cheaper dont know why. but still there are a lot of us who didnt have that. like me.
indonesian people are very consumptive, yet many middle to higher class parents that have a spoiled kid. so they have such an expensive bike
but its their money anyway.. i dont really care..
the good thing is when they bored they sell their parts very cheap.. such as this sram omnium on my bike.. i got that under $140 for a very clean and perfect condition

November 25, 2012 08:47 AM
7 posts
8 bikes
Thanks for that input all of you. Especially from the indos themselves. I was just curious about how indonesia is in their respects to the fixed scene so all these responses are great.

November 26, 2012 07:27 AM
brembilla
429 posts
8 bikes
Hey my men!
Since apparently the indo scene is strong here, can any of you guys tell me if any of these indonesian websites that are selling high end frames for what seems to me,living in France, peanuts are actually LEGIT. I was particularly thinking of one called " BEDI Sports " ...
Peace to all of ya !

December 9, 2012 06:35 PM
nahh.. that one is tottaly a scam
i know in indonesia the prices are quite cheap.. but not that cheap

December 10, 2012 03:39 PM
7 posts
8 bikes
Thanks man!

December 10, 2012 04:27 PM
You guys just have no idea about any discussion, you just judge other country that you don't even know about that country

December 16, 2012 02:53 PM
albyhiyed
1 post
4 bikes
whoa, lots of mixed responses. just gonna say this, my buddy's got his Mash frameset, the 2009 one, in near mint condition with the cranksets, the bar and the stem, the headset, seatclamp and the seatpost for a whopping 420 USD.

Because people here know how to get stuffs cheaply, they demand cheap prices too, after the hype was somewhat 'calmer'. So, people who sell second hand stuffs are usually way cheaaper than the usual secondhand prices. And the economy is not as good as you think it is, some people here are just gets really good at making money, and their son who gets all the fun.

And some of them are just working and saving money like crazy just to get their bikes some bling, just like you! haha

*no offense intended within this post*

December 17, 2012 02:14 AM

The only thing i got with Indonesians on this forum are the horribly dialed saddles. haha :)

December 20, 2012 05:05 PM
mktng
816 posts
22 bikes
LOL good stuff.

December 21, 2012 05:28 AM
brembilla
429 posts
8 bikes
can someone tell me what "hedon" means? Seeing it a lot on here

December 28, 2012 12:58 AM
according to google translate. Hedon in english is Hedon.

hah

December 28, 2012 04:20 PM
mktng
816 posts
22 bikes
yeah I've tried to use google-fu too but to no avail, I'm assuming it's not a word in the dictionary but maybe some type of slang. Someone commented on my bike with it and I've seen it on quite a few other's.

December 29, 2012 01:25 AM
not sure if the definition given is unclear due to a lack of english diction, but i believe that he meant to say "spent" instead of wasted haha

December 29, 2012 10:54 AM
brembilla
429 posts
8 bikes
Yes teacher. We are clear. 10-4

December 29, 2012 03:33 PM
mktng
816 posts
22 bikes
I know I'm a little late to this discussion but I've wondered the same thing. It blows my mind that some of these kids are riding very upscale track frames with equally upscale components. It's pretty gnarly and is more a question of economics than race or anything like that.

December 31, 2012 05:41 AM
andper
41 posts
2 bikes
wow its getting hot heree ! hahaha ..

Hey brembilla ! :*

January 1, 2013 12:45 PM
felixsusanto
7 posts
13 bikes
You can watch a documentary about the Fixed Gear scene here in jakarta in this vid called "Jakartarck" right here http://vimeo.com/34345825 :D

January 2, 2013 12:04 PM
adool
1 post
1 bike
ngomongnya gaada yang pake bahasa indonesia apa yak T-T

January 4, 2013 03:00 PM
DaffaAlfari
1 post
2 bikes

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.