Home
Forums > General Discussion >

INTEGRATED SEAT POST CLAMPS

(closed)
I recently bought a FUJI Track Pro with an ISP cut a little too short. The Fuji clamp it came with is at it's highest point but doesn't put my saddle where it needs to be. I've googled some longer Ridley seat clamps, but idk if they would fit. HELP?!

April 8, 2015 03:06 AM
tonycarranza
6 posts
2 bikes
woh woh woh

April 8, 2015 04:20 AM
pwebb88
506 posts
15 bikes
A new frame would be the best solution. (ever wonder why ISP's aren't cool anymore?) I'm almost totally certain that the clamp is proprietary, and that you're SOL. :(

April 8, 2015 05:14 AM
bikenejad
87 posts
13 bikes
I guess I'll find out. My lbs says to try asking fuji for help or plan b is a seat plug.

April 8, 2015 11:55 AM
tonycarranza
6 posts
2 bikes
something tells me a plug with and thin-walled alu aero seat tube is a bad idea. also probably hard to fabricate considering the tube isn't a standard shape. aero tubes are not all the same, their clamps and what not are not interchangeable. if fuji doesn't have a longer clamp option than i would recommend selling the frame and maybe finding something without an isp. the ftp isn't a magical frame and its pretty unremarkable. its not worth the headache and sketchiness you're about to put yourself through. after all your rigging is done you very well might render your frame completely worthless. quit while you're ahead, sell it, buy a new frame.

April 8, 2015 05:02 PM
Zeb_pepperoni
780 posts
9 bikes
Sucks to suck. Sorry you didn't ask about that before you bought it.

April 9, 2015 01:50 AM
There IS no "help" from Fuji's end. It was cut. You can't extend it.

April 9, 2015 01:50 AM
Sometime I read somewhere about how this is kind of a big issue with people, because the post slips and/ or is not as strong as a regular post. That's why even elite track cyclists have standard 27.2 mm seat posts.

April 9, 2015 03:31 AM
Rushing
372 posts
3 bikes

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.