Home
Forums > General Discussion >

Is it possible to make a 64 cm frame look like a 54?

(closed)
this is the best thread I've read on this site. Congratulations Nick!

August 7, 2017 04:13 PM
Zlees86
7 posts
2 bikes
someone needs to make a subreddit devoted to this post and go searching for more of Nick's work :)

August 7, 2017 04:23 PM
Yeah yeah, I know you are the CIA trying to catch me: your flattery doesn't fool me.
I said only a very few things that I wanted answered, and I got no such answer.
My questions formerly stated: 1) is there a science behind the geometry of a frame?--to this I received the answer in the form of a little blond child. 2) Is there a reason why the Jaguar is 58 degrees just as the B123 drop bar?--the answer to this, two pictures like the first.

I think the only thing we can do at this point is try to get in touch with the guy who has Bill Nye's Bianchi--if we can find out where he lives we can post a craigslist ad looking for him--for he could get Bill to find out the forces of gravity on all the angles of the frame.

In the craigslist ad we might as well send the formal letter to Bill.
Here is a rough draft: Dear Mr. Nye,
Please pardon my impudence and my roundabout way of getting ahold of you, you must be a very busy man, but I have a few questions regarding the geometry of a classic Eddy Merckx track bicycle.
If you are still in the business of discovering scientific truths about the nature of our physical world, please help me figure this out.

Sincerely,

All the rascals at Pedalroom

August 8, 2017 12:10 AM
NicolasCalifornia
268 posts
7 bikes
I'm proud to have provided two of the three mentioned images. I'm also still not getting your motivation behind the whole thing - it seems like you're some kind of would-be da Vinci trying to uncover universal and spirital questions concerning geometry of track frames and parts (which I dare assert can't be answered because the theories in question don't make any sense)

I congratulate you on still expressing yourself in a way incomprehensible to man - and avoiding answering all of our desperately elaborating questions. I wish Bill Nye all the luck in the world in answering yours.

Last but not least, please don't include all of this forum in your inquiry... At the very least, please do exclude me.

Good day

August 8, 2017 09:32 PM
Karl
289 posts
40 bikes
Please, everyone, ignore Karl's cowardice.
Taking a close look at the picture of Bill I conclude it can only be in four places, either Boston, Seattle, Portland, or Berkeley.

Then I looked up the logo on Bill's sweater, it says 'Harvey Mudd College', and I found that such a school is indeed a private university in Claremont California.

So all we have to do is send a craigslist ad to Boston, Portland, Seattle, Berkeley, and Claremont.

We should put under 'gigs', or 'event', or 'creative'.

The craigslist ad should be titled: 'Hey guy who has Bill Nye's Bianchi, Pedalroom is looking for you, asap'

August 9, 2017 12:01 AM
NicolasCalifornia
268 posts
7 bikes
Your questions didn't get answered, because it seems you're incapable of writing coherently. AKA You legit sound like you have a screw loose and I sincerely recommend you get an evaluation.

1) is there a science behind the geometry of a frame?

Yeah there's lots of it. Read this guy:

https://www.cyclingabout.com/understand...

Is there anyway to make a big bike look small? No. You're a big person you ride big bikes end of story. #bigbikesarebeautiful

2) Is there a reason why the Jaguar is 58 degrees just as the B123 drop bar?

There are a few versions of the jaguar, but I think you're asking if they're supposed to line up with b123s (though there are different versions of that too) and yes that's probably planned.

August 9, 2017 01:22 AM
Jehu
544 posts
14 bikes
I think NicolasCalifornia's posts are great. As if Roland Barthes suddenly rose from the grave and became super interested in track bikes.

August 9, 2017 02:40 AM
Stracknasty
95 posts
0 bikes
at least he's a troll that is kinda funnerer and smarterer than ghostridethewhip

August 9, 2017 03:34 AM
outofstep
999 posts
15 bikes
Ghost no comedian

August 9, 2017 03:43 AM
ghostridethewhip
500 posts
0 bikes
Y'all make me wanna throw my bike in the river

August 9, 2017 09:21 PM
guslesaffre
90 posts
4 bikes
Dont

August 9, 2017 09:57 PM
ghostridethewhip
500 posts
0 bikes
Heathmusic--the guy with Bill's 1986 Bianchi--might even be on vacation in Las Vegas.

So we have to send an ad there too.

The trouble is that in Boston, Portland, Seattle, Berkeley and Claremont we can get away with putting the ad under the 'Gigs', or under 'Bike's for sale' category.

But in Vegas Heathmusic might be looking for a call-girl, so we would have to put it in the 'Romance' category.

An ideal solution would be to hire a few kids to canvas these cities with posters.

Again, the posters will say outright "Hey Guy who has Bill Nye's 1986 Super Sweet Bianchi, Pedal Room, particularly the discussion titled Is it possible to make a 64cm frame..., and more particularly Karl from Copenhagen, is looking for you, asap"

August 10, 2017 01:49 PM
NicolasCalifornia
268 posts
7 bikes
i am on board with this plan. sign me up.

August 10, 2017 03:54 PM
Zlees86
7 posts
2 bikes
All right so now comes time to take everyone's questions they would like included in the body of the second draft for the letter to Nye.

That's right, I'm not going to hog this one, everyone has a chance here.

Think it over and sleep on it: this is big, and Nye is the go-to guy to answer all our questions.

There is no prompt, anything will do, just make sure to write it like this: "Hello Bill Nye, my name is (then your Pedalroom id), and I was wondering...(or: and this has been on my mind lately, or: and the thing in life that has been pestering me is..., or: and my question is...)

Again, take your time, make sure your question can, as they say in galleries, 'stand the test of time'.

August 11, 2017 12:00 AM
NicolasCalifornia
268 posts
7 bikes
While everyone is studiously at work on their question first draft (for I do plan to edit your phrases a bit, making them appropriate for such a luminary as our master scientist), I have gotten some information regarding Heathmusic.

Looking at the picture it struck me that the shoes he is wearing can easily be found on Zappos, if only I look for a matching logo (as you see, the logo is like some sort of meeting of four lines), and bingo: right on the first page of Tennis/Athletic Shoes, I found just such a logo, and after further searching I found the exact pair: Onitsuka Tiger, by a brand named Asics.

So then I thought, "We are so lucky to live in this age of technology!"

For immediately I jumped on Google Earth, and began with Boston, looking for a person wearing Onitsuka Tigers.

I'll keep you guys posted when anything turns up.

August 11, 2017 11:08 PM
NicolasCalifornia
268 posts
7 bikes
It just occurred to me, we ought to write a recap of what's happened so far so any new people can easily understand what exactly is going on here.

I'm really busy getting my plans ready for the Solar Eclipse--I'm going up to Oregon to see it--so, Ghost Ride Da Whip, can you please write a summary of my initial questions, whether or not they were answered, and then how we plan to write a letter to Nye?

I would really appreciate it, Ghost, talk to ya later.

ps I'm sure everyone else here would appreciate it too.

August 12, 2017 01:59 AM
NicolasCalifornia
268 posts
7 bikes
Any caliber 9mm and higher would be most effective in a sd scenario. I chose 9mm as my edc for higher capacity,low recoil and cheaper to practice with. Still love the 45 but 9 is making its way up the ladder

August 12, 2017 03:49 AM
ghostridethewhip
500 posts
0 bikes
Jeg forstår mindre af dit engelsk end du, af mit danske. Stop dig selv din forbandede klovn!

August 12, 2017 04:31 PM
Karl
289 posts
40 bikes
Okay so I was able to get a police artist to grant me the opportunity to have a sketch done of our man with Nye's Edouardo Bianchi in the iconic Celeste green aged to the current day, for it has been some time since Heathmusic was here.

This is what the the artist produced, which is to say, what heathmusic looks like this very day and hour--in case we can get our hands on security cams:

Attached Photos:
Post photo

August 13, 2017 03:10 AM
NicolasCalifornia
268 posts
7 bikes
[img]/f/5c521b9a23_1.jpg[/img]I never really cared for carbon frames. Love the look and feel of steel. Aluminum is great as well
Attached Photos:
Post photo

August 13, 2017 03:21 AM
ghostridethewhip
500 posts
0 bikes
That isn't exactly the recap I were expecting from you Ghost Ride da Whip, you guys are lucky I have a bit of time--by the way Haley's Comet is stuck in our orbit and I caught it again last night for the fourth night in a row.

But nevertheless I forgive you, I just rode thirty miles on my Merckx in search of a bearing for a mavic headset but when I arrived at the shop there were a sign on the door: "on vacation 'til Tuesday".

Oh and also last night as I were waiting for Haley to pass by I saw very extremely high up in our stratosphere a Flying V formation of what appeared to be blinking red lights and I said to myself: "that must be the first fleet getting sent to South Korea".

They were practically inaudible perhaps because they were flying so high, I'm sure they are a new helicopter. I hope there isn't a world war three soon, for if there is it seems it will only prove that mankind is a very idiotic animal.

But then the spirit of war is something else, for even to be pacifist in such a time is only a war spirit of peace.

If anything, if I am drafted, I will take my Merckx: I need to cut the steer-tube and I can do it in the hangar.

We have learned nothing from Kubrick: but what comes first, art or muse?

So back to Nye: I am still waiting for your guy's questions, once you write them I will compose the second draft then send the ads, and now that summer is coming to a close we can take Vegas off the list.

August 13, 2017 03:42 PM
NicolasCalifornia
268 posts
7 bikes
The Germans discovered it in 1904 and they called it "San Diego" which in German means "whales vagina"

August 13, 2017 03:58 PM
ghostridethewhip
500 posts
0 bikes
You guys are gonna thank me for this one.

So here's the scoop: looking for the Onitsuka Tigers through Boston nearly ruined me, then I suddenly remembered by Mr. Yung-Tao, my old professor of comparative psychology.

He was a master at detailing the precise life of a person merely by looking at a portrait of them.

So I took the picture we have of Heathmusic standing with Nye, and Mr. Yung-Tao, after about three hours--in which time I napped in the shade of a colonnaded rotunda--was able to produce this exact picture of the place where our guy is:

Attached Photos:
Post photo

August 14, 2017 12:55 AM
NicolasCalifornia
268 posts
7 bikes
Exactly! The perfect combo of tritium + fiber optics. Truglo brings you the tfx and classic tfo

August 14, 2017 01:32 AM
ghostridethewhip
500 posts
0 bikes
the bicycle is the pinnacle of man's achievement.

August 14, 2017 07:23 PM
Zlees86
7 posts
2 bikes

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.