Home
Forums > General Discussion >

Leader Upgrade Trek T1

(closed)
Hi,

New to the biking world. I currently have Trek T1. I have begun to upgrade a few components and am considering dropping another $1,000 on Wheels(Mavic Ellipse), tires, saddle, Omniums, etc. I would have around $1600 invested in the bike at that point. My question is, if this is a waste of money? Id like to have a Leader 725/735, would that be considered an upgrade over the T1?

Thanks!
Jamie

October 15, 2012 03:44 PM
While the frame is important, I also think that the components are worthy investments. It's also important to remember that you can always swap components out when you switch frames. If you're one who switches frames often, you can always keep the components.

I don't think getting a leader is necessarily an upgrade to the T1 since that's already a pretty decent alu frame.

October 15, 2012 04:02 PM
.. a Trek t1 is DEFINITELY an upgrade over any leader.

October 15, 2012 04:19 PM
brembilla
429 posts
8 bikes
Thanks! this is great feedback for a newbie!! maybe i should rethink the leader idea. I really just like the looks. Ive thought about stripping the T1 raw or having repainted.

http://www.pedalroom.com/bike/trek-t1-7561

October 15, 2012 04:33 PM
The only leader worth getting is the Kagero

October 15, 2012 07:59 PM
richardg
315 posts
3 bikes
I like the weight of my T1, just not the color/graphics. what would be considered an upgraded Aluminum frame? Binachi Super Pista? Cinelli? Any others (reasonalbly priced) to consider?

Might be better off just waiting till someone is selling a complete build with all my desired components to save some cash. I just dont like waiting :)

October 15, 2012 08:07 PM
I like the weight of my T1, just not the color/graphics. what would be considered an upgraded Aluminum frame? Binachi Super Pista? Cinelli? Any others (reasonalbly priced) to consider?

Might be better off just waiting till someone is selling a complete build with all my desired components to save some cash. I just dont like waiting :)

October 15, 2012 08:07 PM
It all depends on what your intended use is for the bike. Some frames have track geo in the price range and others don't. Like for Cinelli, go for either MASH if you're into the riding in style scene or go for a Vig if you're into track. IMO the T1 is an overall great frame for what it seems your intended purpose of riding is and if the color is all that's bothering you, then a repaint would save you a lot more money and give your frame originality versus spending 1k on a new frame.

October 15, 2012 11:00 PM
brembilla
429 posts
8 bikes

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.