Home
Forums > General Discussion >

Look Keo Easy

(closed)
Does anyone have any first hand experience using these pedals? I'm considering getting them soon and wanted to know how they held up while riding fixed (skidding, hop skidding). My last pair of pedals would cause me to come unclipped no matter how high i shot the tension up. Just curious as to whether I should shell out the extra bucks for some of LOOK's higher end pedals or whether or not these will do.

November 5, 2012 08:25 PM
CoreyR
1 post
0 bikes
Keo Easy is factory setting to the lowest tension. Unclipping maybe due to worn out cleats?

November 6, 2012 03:26 AM
Benson
134 posts
24 bikes
You said your last pair of pedals would cause you to come unclipped..
If you dont mind, what pedal was it? MTB pedal?

I dont have any experience with the Look Keo Easy, but from what I read, it'll make problem for some times of using. You'll hear some noise from the pedal probably the bearings. Im not sure.
I used to clipped with Shimano 105, but it also failed on me. The bearings had problem too.
Same goes to my friend's 105.
And now I downgraded to the Shimano PDR540. So far no problem..

November 6, 2012 05:41 AM
ekidx
7 posts
4 bikes
I ran Keo Classics at the lowest tension and ended up popping out. I turned the tension up and the problem went away. As Benson said, Keo Easys are set at the lowest factory tension and aren't adjustable. Spend a little more and pick up one of the adjustable options.

November 6, 2012 06:43 AM
Gabuyo
62 posts
16 bikes
if you turned the tension up all the way from your last pedals, something might be stripped?
my last pair of keo's were stripped on one pedal, so i couldn't fuck with the tension.
luckily for me, it was stuck on the highest tension so i didn't have to worry about unclipping.

i would say at least shoot for the classic's.

November 6, 2012 08:29 PM
outofstep
999 posts
15 bikes
Keo Classics, tensoin up, have fun!
I run 2 pairs on different bikes for about a year now, no problems so far.

November 9, 2012 02:29 PM
ques_one
6 posts
20 bikes

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.