Home
Forums > General Discussion >

LOOK pedals on track bike?

(closed)
I used to used my track bike every single day for 100% of my commuting, but as of lately I havent been in a position to ride it as often. Also, my pedal straps broke and I can either spend the money on Toshi doubles or clipless pedals. Typically Id prefer classic pedals with cages because I do a fair amount of walking throughout the day as well as riding (and because I have some beautiful, vintage campy c record road pedals), but now I am no longer able to ride as often and am limited to riding only the weekends or when find the time.

Therefore, time spent walking around should not be put into account when choosing a clipless pedal because the time I use to ride will be specifically for riding. That being said, I am looking at the LOOK keo 2 max pedal.

I dont skid very often but it is my only method of emergency braking. Im worried that my feet will pop out of these pedals when skidding at high speeds. Does anybody have any experience with these pedals on a track bike or any other pedals that would be more ideal?

September 10, 2015 12:08 AM
fil
20 posts
0 bikes
Just bump up the tension on your pedals till it's almost at max and you're good to go! 2 years of clipless and I've never clipped out accidentally even with extremely worn out cleats.

September 10, 2015 01:19 AM
AznChiliSauce
103 posts
9 bikes
Just max up the tension and learn how to skid without moving your feet around. Because when you were in clips or straps you were most likely had your feel all over the place. Idk how to explain it. But you'll be fine.

September 20, 2015 01:22 AM
BGOD
5 posts
2 bikes

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.