Home
Forums > General Discussion >

Looking for a few collaborators

(closed)
I've started a site called Driveside, and got a damn-good domain for it. I think if it's done right, and kept well, it could grow into something big. As of right now it's a photoblog running via tumblr, but in the future, who knows. I'm looking for a few collaborators to work with in the future, and possibly right now, although there isn't all that much to do right now other than find good pictures of bikes (taken on the driveside of course). If you'd like to help out in the future, or now, let me know. For those looking to help out now, you'd be finding pictures like the ones already on the site, and sending them to me for approval. If I decide you've got good taste/judgement then you'd be able to post pictures yourself. The domain of the site is drivesi.de (pretty good, right?), please either post here, message me here, or email me at noizebots@gmail.com, or do all three if you'd like. Thanks!

August 4, 2013 02:24 PM
sublime
256 posts
5 bikes
Cool idea. I think what you need now is a logo and a page layout that's a little more interesting. Maybe some kind of navigation or way to filter / search through bikes would be nice too.

August 4, 2013 08:18 PM
DisposableHero
9 posts
0 bikes
The layout is simple and I think it creates a nice contrast, but if other people have the same opinion as you I may decide to change it soon. As for the logo, I'd love one, however I don't have the money to pay a designer at the moment. And finally, as to the navigation: it's not possible (I don't think anyway) to have navigation when the site is running via tumblr. If I start to get noticed a bit I'll have some ad money to spend on hosting, which will mean I'll have access to a cPanel with PHP, etc. so I can build the site from scratch, or pay someone to do it for me (although that would cost quite a bit).

August 4, 2013 08:24 PM
sublime
256 posts
5 bikes
Boredom set in. You can have this.
Attached Photos:
Post photo

August 5, 2013 03:19 AM
DisposableHero
9 posts
0 bikes
Thanks!

August 5, 2013 05:12 AM
sublime
256 posts
5 bikes
+1 humanity

August 5, 2013 09:11 AM
brembilla
429 posts
8 bikes
it would be cool if you could integrate a crankset into the graphic since it is the niche you're going for. Would make more sense than a pedal. But that logo is good.

August 5, 2013 10:01 AM
onitsukatiger
74 posts
2 bikes
Yeah I realize that, but that logo will work perfectly for now!

@brembilla - ?

August 5, 2013 12:06 PM
sublime
256 posts
5 bikes
I actually spent about 45 minutes messing with crank designs but I kept looking at my bike and realizing that a pedal was the perfect shape. Sometimes things don't have to be so literal to translate. Sublime, I will clean that up after work and send you a scalable vector file and a transparent PNG for the web. Do you have any preference in color? I considered a (very) slight gradient to give it some depth, but I tend to lean towards solid colors. Your call.

August 5, 2013 01:30 PM
DisposableHero
9 posts
0 bikes
The color you have it as now works perfectly, but if it wouldn't be too much trouble to do a light gradient so I could see the two options that would be great. I absolutely agree with you on the literal meaning, the pedal works perfectly. I think the only way a crank could be integrated into the logo is if there was an "o" in driveside, which of course there isn't. Thanks so much man!

August 5, 2013 04:24 PM
sublime
256 posts
5 bikes
Sent to email. Good luck with the project.

August 5, 2013 11:52 PM
DisposableHero
9 posts
0 bikes
Thanks again man, I really appreciate it.

August 6, 2013 09:59 AM
sublime
256 posts
5 bikes
@sublime your profile picture is none other than Noam Chomsky.
i love you already.

August 8, 2013 02:54 AM
sheepdog84
36 posts
10 bikes
this is a great thing happening here.

August 13, 2013 02:45 PM
strange
201 posts
35 bikes
Haha thanks to you both. I'm going to be updating the logo soon, I just have to get back to LA (am in Greece) so I can have access to my desktop which has Illustrator. I was going to download it here but I'm on a small island and download speeds are terrible.

August 14, 2013 09:24 AM
sublime
256 posts
5 bikes
thats because you should be at the beach and not at the pc.

August 14, 2013 09:48 AM
strange
201 posts
35 bikes

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.