Home
Forums > General Discussion >

Miche primato hub threads

(closed)
Does anybody know if the lock ring threads are proprietary to the miche lock ring only or could I use a bsc threaded lock ring? My DA 13t threaded on nicely but my lock ring wasn't threading on. I just wanna make sure that it wasn't due to my lack of attention to detail that the lock ring didn't thread on or if it really cant?

December 18, 2012 07:17 AM
brembilla
429 posts
8 bikes
i believe they are proprietary to Miche/Campa. but ive always had my lockring from day one that came with the hubset so I wouldnt know for sure.

December 18, 2012 02:05 PM
mktng
816 posts
22 bikes
Miche hubs have different thread then most hubs.
but those lockrings are availible and not rare at all.

December 23, 2012 12:37 PM
I know I've answered this before, but for anyone else that's interested....

You'll have to stick with the cheapo stock Miche lockring. It's not pretty, but it's only a lockring and it does it's job. I've tried using Campy (EAI brand) and Dura Ace lockrings and neither of them fit. As for cogs, I've ran Dura Ace, Soma, and EAI without issue. I think you can find Miche lockrings online for less than ten bucks. Cheers!

December 24, 2012 07:16 AM
Bnut43
207 posts
10 bikes
Yeah I know.. but my 13t dura ace cog is much too small for the miche lock ring so my chain actually sits on my lock ring... I've decided to just go up to a 15t and a bigger chain ring as well.

December 24, 2012 11:52 AM
brembilla
429 posts
8 bikes
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Miche, Campy, Mavic, & Phil Wood are all French Threaded TPI. These should all be interchangeable. I would try either a phil wood lockring or a mavic one. Note that when using a mavic lockring you'll need to face the rounded edge of the lock ring inward towards the cog and the flat surface outward. Many people mess this up and end up ruining their threads cause they can't get the lockring tight enough to the cog. Hope this helps.

December 24, 2012 03:07 PM
sin91
54 posts
4 bikes
you're completely right! i love you right now man haha. saving me a lot of expenses now. anybody know the dimensions of a mavic track lockring?? can't seem to find specs on it anywhere

December 25, 2012 08:36 AM
brembilla
429 posts
8 bikes
Np. Also note that you can also use spacers/shims on the inside of the cog (placed in between cog and hub). I've seen this method used on ellipses running a DA cog to get the lock ring to tighten up against the cog. Some will argue chain line issues but that's where Phil wood bb's come into play as they're adjustable.

December 25, 2012 03:36 PM
sin91
54 posts
4 bikes
Yeah ive got a PW bb on my soma. However, I never had issues with my cog tightening and I run a DA cog on my ellipses.. perhaps it was an issue that was solved?

December 25, 2012 08:42 PM
brembilla
429 posts
8 bikes
what are miche hubs like to ride on, smooth?

January 4, 2013 11:23 PM
Jamesfix
43 posts
3 bikes

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.