Home
Forums > General Discussion >

Mods?

(closed)
Are there moderators that selectively delete bikes? Mine has been deleted twice in like 24 hours and I'd kind of like to know why.

October 15, 2016 12:30 AM
cinellivigoreaaally
242 posts
9 bikes
teehee

October 15, 2016 01:53 AM
moose
475 posts
6 bikes
The mods will never delete my bikes. I donate large sums of money to the pedalroom foundation.

October 15, 2016 06:27 AM
Be careful simplicated i used to think the same thing

October 15, 2016 06:50 AM
ghostridethewhip
500 posts
0 bikes
Your bikes were auto-removed because for-sale posts belong in the marketplace.

October 15, 2016 07:39 AM
Coomer
98 posts
23 bikes
Guess I just need to give more to the Pedalroom trust fund ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ there are dozens of other bikes with 'for sale' in their description.

October 15, 2016 03:44 PM
cinellivigoreaaally
242 posts
9 bikes
You asked a question and got an answer straight from the source. There's no real need to challenge it.

Coomer is obviously trying to cut down on the amount of 'for sale' posts on bike pages here.

October 15, 2016 03:55 PM
Scrodzilla
1000 posts
3 bikes
New bikes with "for sale" in the title have been auto-removed for a couple months actually, and I'm planning on doing some sort of solution for existed bikes that get edited.

As Scrod said, I'm trying to clean up the site, and bikes for sale really belong in the marketplace instead of cluttering up the rest of the site where people want to just look at bikes.

I've also considered some other options to better integrate bike profiles with the marketplace but haven't made much progress there. Open to hearing suggestions though!

October 15, 2016 04:01 PM
Coomer
98 posts
23 bikes
I get it, not trying to challenge it - it would be a great idea to further integrate the profiles into the marketplace, that's really the only reason I created a profile for it anyway. Being able to show different configurations and the history of a bike is a definite Pro when trying to sell it, apologies if I came off as a dick

October 15, 2016 04:32 PM
cinellivigoreaaally
242 posts
9 bikes
No worries, I totally agree on that point.

My idea so far is a simple checkbox when editing your bike, something like "My bike is for sale"

Once checked, description and price fields would show up, and once saved, a section of the marketplace could show bikes automatically. The trouble is in the details, like how do you only get motivated serious sellers to use this, not just most people who'd be interested in selling if the right offer came around, which is a lot of folks and would clutter up the marketplace.

October 15, 2016 05:07 PM
Coomer
98 posts
23 bikes
cool idea coomer

October 15, 2016 09:51 PM
moose
475 posts
6 bikes
Break Marketplace out from Forums in the top nav, so it's more apparent that there's a place for people to sell stuff? Maybe provide a module for it right on the home page, showing the newest stuff for sale, with the whole thing linking into the marketplace.

October 15, 2016 11:16 PM
stalag13
134 posts
7 bikes
Since we have a mod in this thread, can you please IP range ban those spam bots posting threads almost every day. I've been flagging them but ya know, IP range ban would make it easier on you guys.

Unless of course these dudes are using zombies then I'll just keep flagging them.

October 16, 2016 12:20 AM
Thanks for the advice. I do plan on breaking out the marketplace. It's part of a slight redesign I'm working on that makes the site more mobile-friendly and such too. Just a matter of finding time...my job that pays the bills is super challenging and rewarding and fun, but also super demanding and draining.

As far as those spam posts, it's completely random IP addresses. I have a couple ideas that I should implement that can probably automatically detect and remove these. I just haven't gotten around to it quite yet.

October 16, 2016 01:11 AM
Coomer
98 posts
23 bikes
+1 to this thread. thanks for everything coomer this site is rad

October 16, 2016 03:49 AM
pwebb88
499 posts
14 bikes
You could probably just set up an auto delete for threads in general with "moving" or "flooring" in the title lol

Love & Appreciate you Coomer!

October 16, 2016 04:03 AM
Jehu
536 posts
13 bikes

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.