Home
Forums > General Discussion >

NJS Frames

(closed)
What exactly make NJS frames so special? Tubing, paintjob, etc?

July 7, 2013 03:58 AM
AznChiliSauce
103 posts
9 bikes
the njs stamp...

July 7, 2013 04:24 AM
MattyMo
139 posts
14 bikes
heritage + njs + amazing vintage bike made not so long ago

July 7, 2013 05:15 AM
hand made/crafted

highest grade in keirin track race

July 7, 2013 05:37 AM
Amazing quality, which gives them a good ride ive heard. and, THEYRE SEXY!

July 7, 2013 05:58 AM
Step foot on one and you will never go back to anything else!

July 7, 2013 07:13 PM
NJS stands for Nihon Jitensha Shinkokai-the Japanese Bicycling Association. The stamp has more to do with a standard size as opposed to standard of quality. Eg NJS hubs will fit NJS frames and forks and so on.
If you need to know anything factual about bicycles then check out Sheldon Brown's web site. He knew a lot about everything. http://sheldonbrown.com/home.html He passed away a few years ago. But must have spent many hours putting his brain on paper, so to speak. You will get stuck there for hours reading.
Wikipedia has lots info as well.

July 8, 2013 12:40 AM
AKfromGC
179 posts
2 bikes
^^ ummm... Copy and paste. Sorry dude but, I won't listen to someone that calls their bike a fixie let alone it being his first to tell me anything about an NJS bike.

In the simplest of terms. What's special about NJS, is the same as what was special about items being made in the USA (in some cases). Handmade, attention to detail, quality, pride in your work and product. Just to race on the Keirin Track, every part needs to be NJS approved japanese parts. No NJS no race. Amongst other things: the builder, racers etc. I hope that gives you a better understanding.

July 9, 2013 05:44 AM
BklynLOW
223 posts
23 bikes
It National Jaspan Super bikes. They look the coolest out of all the bikes locked up on the rack or with sparkle paint.

July 9, 2013 08:11 AM
its a seal of approval and standards.

your bike fails. bye bye NJS cert. (poor Vivalo)

July 9, 2013 12:04 PM
mktng
816 posts
22 bikes
Regardless of the stamp since I bet you're not going to be doing a lot of japanese keirin racing, the frames ride extremely well if you like steel. I personally love standard japanese track bike geometry, it fits me well and rides just how I want my bike too. And the attention to detail is insane. I just got a newer Columbus Makino and the lugwork is flawless. The bikes a piece of art on its own

July 10, 2013 04:25 PM
Rileyhunt
33 posts
8 bikes

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.