Home
Forums > General Discussion >

padded shorts

(closed)
I brought some padded shorts to ease the saddle sore on long rides, i really dont think they work well enough.

maybe its because i wear jeans over the top, got cheep shorts, saddle is wrong for me?

do more expencive shorts help?

August 24, 2012 11:53 PM
More expensive shorts/bibs have better quality padding and they work best going commando with nothing over them. About the saddle, bibs/shorts wont make a saddle that doesn't fit you feel better(maybe slightly). When sitting on a saddle that fits perfectly you shouldn't feel any pressure on your taint. Your weight should be distributed between your sit bones, bars, and pedals.

August 25, 2012 12:00 AM
adrian13346
89 posts
6 bikes
I wear them under my jeans and they work just fine.

August 25, 2012 01:34 AM
PandaBear
83 posts
9 bikes
there is nothing wrong with lycra at all, but i dont really feel like riding with just shorts, when i have a jersey/spds/helmet i will happily do it!

and i use a sdg fly Ti railed. not so nice on my rear tbh

August 25, 2012 11:26 PM
I have a really nice pair of Pearl Izumi padded cargo shorts that I always wear on long rides, they're super comfy. The only time I've ridden more than 20 miles without them, I was in ass pain for days. They really were worth it.

September 5, 2012 06:18 AM
Rylab
6 posts
0 bikes
best to ride without the shorts over them and without anything under them. you also get what you pay for, but ive ridden in 40 dollar shorts before and they tend to do alright, they just dont last as long. Oh, and make sure they fit and that youre wearing them right

December 14, 2012 10:02 PM
Zeb_pepperoni
780 posts
9 bikes
i wouldn't suggest wearing jeans for long rides in general

January 10, 2013 11:02 PM
cchhrriiss
13 posts
5 bikes

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.