Home
Forums > General Discussion >

Panaracer Paselas

Anyone riding em' got good things to say about them? I'm primarily concerned about grip in wet weather, puncture resistance, tread life and ride quality (in that order).

Considering the gumwalls for a commuter, not sure which Paselas to buy (ProTite, wire bead, etc...)

Thanks!

November 28, 2018 10:17 PM
coreymeath
55 posts
3 bikes
I had some 25c Pasela TGs front & rear I've to say their grip in wet were poor.

November 29, 2018 02:43 AM
alexliush
16 posts
8 bikes
I have them on my kilo. I like their aesthetics and haven't noticed any problems with grip in we conditions but my rear wheel sidewall is showing signs of cracking. Ive been on these tires for about 6 months commuting to and from work every day. Kind of disappointed with that its not like I'm skidding on them

November 30, 2018 01:57 AM
The cracks that develop on the sidewall are just superficial. Unlike black rubber, the way gum or natural sidewalls are affected by natural light tends to dry them out pretty quickly.

When it comes to grip Paselas can be pretty sketchy until they wear in a little. Even then, not the greatest. Keep in mind they weren't exactly designed for racing and hard cornering. Paselas are more of a long distance tire where increased ride comfort is wanted. The tread rubber compound is pretty soft so they won't hold up to a lot of skidding.

Corey, always go with the ProTite version.

November 30, 2018 03:51 PM
Scrodzilla
990 posts
3 bikes
I've been riding a front PT on my fixed gear for just over a year (skidded through the back one). They grip ok in wet weather and have given me no problems, wouldn't push it too much through the corners though. I've put probably a couple thousand miles around the bad surfaces of NYC and have only gotten a single flat. Pretty comfortable too. Recommend them, for the price.

December 1, 2018 10:07 PM
Fredd
41 posts
2 bikes
Great puncture resistance, but from my experience the narrower, higher pressure tires don't hold their shape.

December 2, 2018 05:03 AM
m_sobie
33 posts
22 bikes