Home
Forums > General Discussion >

Pinarello Frame Identification

Hey lads. This bike has appeared on a secondhand site in CPH. Do any of you know what the heck it is? And whether it’s even a real Pina? I can’t seem to find any information on it anywhere..

Thanks!

//

September 18, 2018 08:05 AM
Karl
275 posts
34 bikes
if its a pina (sorry, doesnt know for sure) it could be a crono tt. https://skelbiu-img.dgn.lt/1_5_400928867/plento-tt-remas-pinarello-crono.jpg

it looks like there is a decal on the fork crown. perhaps you get another picture? groupset is killer.

September 18, 2018 01:51 PM
strange
201 posts
34 bikes
hey karl, well from a quick look, looks like its a late 90s Pinarello TT bike, but looks like its been repsrayed and restickered.
the overall design and shaping looks a lot like the pinarello alu tt frames...

you can see an ex pro team telekom one here http://campafreak.blogspot.com/2009/02/jan-ullrich-pinarello-1996-till-1998.html

there was one size 52 for sale on ebay before in the more classic paint job !

In short it sure looks like a real one, but go see it in person and check the usual details to make sure ! But judging by the fork, its real, just been repsrayed !

September 19, 2018 12:52 PM
Thank you very much guys! I agree on the finish part - an original paintjob would never have all those P's fading along the top and downtube...

The asking price is 780USD - the Dura-Ace groupset is in quite good condition, and the Zipp's are included too... Do you think it is a reasonable range? Excuse my ignorance, I know nothing about road bikes.

September 19, 2018 06:52 PM
Karl
275 posts
34 bikes
DA 7700 and Zipps included? Yes, that's a fair price. Provided everything is in shape and functional.

September 20, 2018 12:16 AM
stalag13
139 posts
7 bikes
well i would say that if the groupset is complete and works, that the wheels are in good condition, then yes its not a bad price, but for me personally i would negotiate a lower price, just because the paint is not original... But definatley worth the price !

September 20, 2018 11:02 AM
Been meaning to get a road bike with good Shimano groupo for a long time now, but never had the money for it and now most of the shops I liked are gone. Not looking to spend over $2,000.00 but if that's the case then.. *Shrugs*
run 3 free online

May 29, 2019 09:23 AM
tobyconner
1 post
0 bikes