Home
Forums > General Discussion >

Regret Thread

(closed)
Did you guys ever regret selling or not buying something before? If so, post your stories here.

I regret selling my GTB... I still cry to myself at night because of it.

September 17, 2014 12:39 AM
AznChiliSauce
103 posts
9 bikes
I regret not buying a set of integralters I saw on here, I think they got down to like 100 with shipping, i thought the 1 inch threadless was dumb, now I own a bike with a 1 inch threadless fork

September 17, 2014 12:52 AM
ridingfixed
356 posts
3 bikes
Sold my Raleigh Rush Hour Pro to some fixie kid so I could buy a road bike. Ended up buying a BMC that had too short a seatpost.

I mean I bought a CAAD9 so it worked out in the end, but I still wish I had that bike.

[url=/f/1a5eaabb4f_1.jpg][img]/f/1a5eaabb4f_1s.jpg[/img][/url]
Attached Photos:
Post photo

September 17, 2014 03:01 AM
riceboy
342 posts
12 bikes
Sold this Bridgestone that fit me perfectly. Ishiwata 019 tubing, Shimano dropouts, and it didnt have any dents.
Attached Photos:
Post photo

September 17, 2014 03:11 AM
stripes
85 posts
14 bikes
I regret buying a Histogram only to realize they really mean it when they say steel is real.
That being said, I also regret passing up a Pista Concept in my size with Ellipses for $850.

September 17, 2014 03:41 AM
i regret buying a lopro frame... back hurts so i have to flip the stem and its still not a whole lot better.

September 17, 2014 03:54 AM
stewart13
138 posts
5 bikes
I regret selling my GT USA pursuit frame, and my gtb.
Would've been cool to keep them to have a solid GT collection.
Also regret not buying one of the more recent GT pulse's that were only available in Australia, or whatever. Popped up for a pretty good price, but I was being too haggly.
Love me the old GT's! Still wanna get me a Ti Xizang ^.^

September 17, 2014 05:15 AM
outofstep
999 posts
15 bikes
I regret my poor choice in sizing on the Leggenda. I put a lot into it, just to turn around and sell it at a significant loss. I'm also feeling a bit of regret for recently selling my Vento wheelset, they were so f'ing nice!!!

When you're a regular dude (not balling out of control) like a lot of us are, you have to make some sacrifices and it sucks. :(

September 17, 2014 05:54 AM
Bnut43
207 posts
10 bikes
^ very true.
But I feel like I've got some bikes that I'm ultimately happy with!
Hope everyone feels the same?

September 17, 2014 09:29 AM
outofstep
999 posts
15 bikes
I regret selling my pink Dodici Gara. Fuck!

September 17, 2014 02:56 PM
Scrodzilla
1005 posts
2 bikes
Trading my Pista Concept 2005 =(

September 17, 2014 04:56 PM
pedalconsumption
142 posts
5 bikes
I have what I have because of the things I've given up. I have more and better than I ever had. Can't regret stuff. Thats my buying and selling addiction talking. Hahaha

September 17, 2014 04:58 PM
mktng
816 posts
22 bikes
I also regret not buying on of the newer GT Pulse.
I also regret not buying Scrod's pink Gara. I wanted a pink bike and it was really great for the price, but it was a little too big for me.

September 17, 2014 05:42 PM
Rushing
372 posts
3 bikes
I do not regret buying the op's gtb one bit. Hey sauce, I just wanted to thank you for selling me a dream. Words fail me.

September 17, 2014 05:49 PM
I regretted buying a Leader. I don't regret selling it. Loudest thing evar. It helped me get the gt so maybe I don't.

September 17, 2014 06:22 PM
Bought an aluminium frame with a seized seatpost, spent a week trying to get it out only to destroy the frame. I got it super cheap so it didn't hurt the wallet too much, but still...

September 17, 2014 07:06 PM
Yoink
24 posts
2 bikes
I sort of regret buying my NJS Giro. The drive side B.B. cup won't come off and there's a small ding on the non-drive side on the top tube.

September 17, 2014 07:42 PM
Rushing
372 posts
3 bikes
I regret not buying a surly crosscheck in my size a few veloswaps ago

September 17, 2014 08:41 PM
moose
475 posts
6 bikes
@rushing: 70% of the NJS frames that come into our countries are damaged. no-one can afford a mint NJS frame haha. plus. that bottom bracket is definitely not permanently stuck :) ! just need to know the tricks...or sacrifice the existing bottom bracket.

September 17, 2014 10:44 PM
mktng
816 posts
22 bikes
Rushing. Have you tried Penatrene? A penatraiting spray. Soak it on an let it sit for a day. Hold the cup spanner on really solid and tight. May need a helper. Then hit the end of the spanner with a hammer. It works like an impact driver/ rattle gun. And should shock it it enough to start turning. Just leaning on a spanner can lead to buring edges.

About 17 years ago? I swapped a Kenevans road bike with Columbus SLX tubing and 600 tri colour group set for a new BMX when my bike got stolen. No regrets at the time..... But gee I would love to get that frame/fork back.

September 18, 2014 01:25 AM
AKfromGC
179 posts
2 bikes
During my time I was looking for something to replace my Bare Knuckle, I had high hopes for something good and steel. But I discovered this the wrong way. However, I have learned to enjoy what I have and will probably be cautious to buy anything on Pedal Room.

I had like 3 guys from my LBS try to get the cup off and there was nothing done to it. Liquid wrench; nothing. I just have to enjoy what I have and make use of these flaws.

September 18, 2014 03:24 AM
Rushing
372 posts
3 bikes
Get another Bareknuckle! Can't go wrong with that! Haha.

September 18, 2014 03:40 AM
riceboy
342 posts
12 bikes
I want to. I shouldn't sell the Giro. I'd like to sell the Kilo, but who needs or wants it? Plus, it's been with me for so long. Plus-plus! I would like to get a road bike. Someone suggested the Giant TCR SLR 2 with 105. I WANT IT!

Note: sorry for turning this thread into: Rushing whines and sucks at life thread!

September 18, 2014 03:45 AM
Rushing
372 posts
3 bikes
I deeply regret trading my Cinelli Super Pista for my MASH. However, I didn't feel like that 6 months after

September 18, 2014 03:59 AM
nate1665
6 posts
3 bikes
yes, get another bareknuckle!

September 18, 2014 04:02 AM
moose
475 posts
6 bikes

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.