Home
Forums > General Discussion >

Reynolds Recon VS. Philwood ISO + H Plus Sons TB14

(closed)
I have Reynolds Recon for a year now and loving this wheel set too much.

However, I had a great chance of getting a hand on a wheel set built with Philwoods ISO Rear, High Flange front, with H Plus Son TB 14.

Now, I cannot afford two wheelsets and have to choose one. What would be your choices?

Help me out here.

June 4, 2013 04:52 AM
damian_ha
7 posts
0 bikes
I have ridden on both and I'd keep the reynolds. While one can argue that the phils are indestructible and spin smoothly, the recons do their job well and spin smoothly as well all the while being a much lighter wheelset (if that matters at all to you).

You can't really go wrong with either unless weight is of an issue or if you were going to be doing some rough riding where the recons are at a risk of cracking.

June 4, 2013 06:03 AM
Phils are a good upgrade if you're coming from something like a formula wheelset or a origin8. But Reynolds Recons are already pretty decent. So to be honest..i dont see the gains in trading except for looks at this point. The Reynolds should hold up pretty well if maintained properly + phils aren't indestructible :P they require maintenance from time to time aswell.

June 4, 2013 11:56 AM
mktng
816 posts
22 bikes
sell the recons to me. thx

June 5, 2013 06:19 AM
brembilla
429 posts
8 bikes
Keep the Recons. They're lighter, plenty durable and I personally think the UD carbon look is really nice. I thrashed mine for a couple years and they held up perfectly.

June 8, 2013 05:38 PM

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.