Home
Forums > General Discussion >

Should I buy this?

(closed)
Because I own 27 Cinellis that are all the same (except the one with the Aerospoke, that one rules), I'm looking for something a little different and my mom thinks I would look really good on the new Visp "Machete" (isn't that Italian for "spaghetti"?). What do you guys think??? Oh hell yeah so awesome.

[img]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/7...

[img]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/6...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RQO1AWK?psc=1

February 20, 2015 08:56 AM
gjism
11 posts
0 bikes
. . .

February 20, 2015 10:11 AM
outofstep
999 posts
15 bikes
im only in here to add to my post count.

and to say.

you must have alot of time on your hands :( . sorta sad. but jealous. :P

February 20, 2015 01:18 PM
mktng
816 posts
22 bikes
the brake position is just fukin stupid.... really, what is wrong with their heads!!

who uses the hoods anyway....

February 20, 2015 03:50 PM
joaobola
51 posts
2 bikes
Wouldn't buy, it's a crap deal and ugly af imo. Save up some money and get a second hand caad 10 or something

February 20, 2015 09:07 PM
ArturoGromek
13 posts
2 bikes
Op just stop. You suck.

February 20, 2015 10:34 PM
Garbage..... 33lbs of junk

February 21, 2015 03:03 AM
Pcola
68 posts
4 bikes
dood sick deep vees so aero and it even has SHIMANO Gears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!!!!11!

February 21, 2015 03:41 AM
bikenejad
87 posts
13 bikes
"When this bike first arrived, I got a few of my friends from the gym to help me carry the box from my front porch to the living room, where we unpacked it. 11 days later, after a few quick trips to the local bike shop for a some extra screws, new calipers and cables and a new bottom bracket, my baby was born.

It's hard for me to express just how much I adore the fine craftsmanship and high quality components that went together into making this bike. I call her Machete, because that's what it says on the top tube and again on the seat tube where there is also a bitchen picture of an actual machete-knife thingy. I suspect people are a little bit intimidated to see a person riding on a bike called Machete. They are always running behind saying, "Hey, something came off your bike," or some such, trying to shake me up or throw me off my game. But I ain't got time for that.

I don't have any complaints, but if I did have one it might be that the head tube seems to be separating from the down tube above the front fork, and kind of wiggles a bit. I'm not sure if that's bad or not, but so far there have been no problems beyond a few cracked spokes and a broken seat clamp and a snapped pedal. 5/5"
By transgrade on January 31, 2015

"I race road, cross, xc, time trial, and dabble in tri. The VP A01 Machete is my new go to bike for everything. First off it's got a bitchin' aero profile and matching wheels for slick as snot speed, but don't be fooled this is no simple time trial bike. It's got a short stem and top mounted brake levers making it capable for cross and light XC duty on the trails. The disc brakes are just icing on the cake when it comes to maximum control in the rough stuff.

No, your eyes aren't deciving you, those are top bar mounted dual "power shifters" for maximum shifting performance. The shimano "mega range" rear cassette provide ample climbing gears and the bikes ultra light 36 pound weight puts it in contention for climbing bike of the year.

Wait there's more, the geniuses at VISP have thrown in a FREE KICKSTAND, this is an outstanding addition for the tri crowd who often have to leave their bikes laying on the ground in the transition area, you'll be a major balla in the tri crowd when everyone sees your bike standing proudly at attention with it's kickstand.

You may be asking yourself, aren't these about the cheapest parts available to outfit this bike? Well agains VISP has done the homework for you, spec'n out a 8 dollar rear derailleur 38 cent saddle allowed them to bring a bike like this with high end "KENDA" racing tires mounted on 20 dollar wheels to a price that nearly anyone could afford. Buy the bike now and spec it out with the Di2 components it deserves. "
By Amazon Customer on February 1, 2015

the reviews say it all. this bike is truly next level. buy it and throw away those useless cinellis you have.

February 21, 2015 03:51 AM
bikenejad
87 posts
13 bikes
I love Amazon reviews!

February 21, 2015 03:57 AM
Aural_Addict
154 posts
3 bikes
shifters are on point

February 21, 2015 04:54 AM
moose
475 posts
6 bikes
I was skeptical at first. A race bike for under a grand? I picked one up and - whoa - instant speed! Climbs better, corners faster, accelerates quicker than any of those $10K "racing" bikes. I won my first race, then was picked up by a pro team and won Le Tour de France on my first try. The yellow jersey looks great next to my Olympic golds!

February 23, 2015 09:18 AM
riceboy
342 posts
12 bikes
hahahaha

February 23, 2015 06:39 PM
moose
475 posts
6 bikes
Damn it guys now I'm getting personalized adds on YouTube
Attached Photos:
Post photo

February 24, 2015 03:17 PM
ridingfixed
356 posts
3 bikes
@ridingfixed is that a camera you used to take that picture... hahahaha

February 24, 2015 05:38 PM
riceboy
342 posts
12 bikes
I told you my phone is crap^^

February 24, 2015 08:10 PM
ridingfixed
356 posts
3 bikes
Damn dude why you gotta put my bike on blast like that?

February 25, 2015 05:47 AM
that bike is awful.
OP is also trying too hard.

February 25, 2015 06:24 AM
m_7710
90 posts
0 bikes
Haha i think riceboy was referring to, why you didn't screenshot the shit instead @ridingfixed

February 25, 2015 08:32 AM
Karl
289 posts
45 bikes
Cause it was on my computer and I was lazy

February 25, 2015 03:27 PM
ridingfixed
356 posts
3 bikes
"m only in here to add to my post count."

Gave me a great laugh, Thank you sir.

February 26, 2015 10:42 PM
FeFst
92 posts
5 bikes
buy it,got money!!

February 27, 2015 12:45 AM
Cymona078
8 posts
0 bikes
Go away gjism

February 27, 2015 08:31 AM
GeneStarwind
45 posts
4 bikes
no, you shouldn't. extended opinion upon request.

February 27, 2015 09:17 PM
Rzjarvis93
127 posts
3 bikes

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.