Home
Forums > General Discussion >

Size enquiries!

(closed)
I feel like getting a Fuji track promoter eBay and it's size 54. I'm about 5'5-5'6. Anyone have any advice? Considering whether a FTP or cervelo t1. Advice ppl?

August 11, 2012 09:13 AM
Weihao
21 posts
3 bikes
honestly,I would just keep the cervelo t1 on the track

August 11, 2012 09:18 AM
fredspreme
222 posts
8 bikes
Any idea how heavy is a Fuji track pro09 frameset?

August 11, 2012 09:27 AM
Weihao
21 posts
3 bikes
I'm using it for street. Haha. Either Fuji track 09 or cervelo t1. Advices?

August 11, 2012 09:28 AM
Weihao
21 posts
3 bikes
ftp would be more practical for street and can be fairly good on the track. A lot of people like it not just aesthetically but because it has a good weight to stiffness ratio, as i hear anyway LOL. No personal experiences with them but a friend of mine did have one. IMO if you're going to be riding streets and you even have the money for something like a cervelo then you should buy a frame set more practical for your use and then spend some money on good quality shizz to ride with. Ftp would look mad sexy with black deep v's to phil's js LOOL.

August 11, 2012 11:05 AM
My friend has a FTP and its around 5 5 and his frame size was a 54? I personally am a close friend to him and I rode it loads of times. It is a great frame for streets or the velo, but one thing I high recommend you do is find your seat post height cause once you cut it your stuck with it. AND if your hitting the velo I'll go with the cervelo

August 11, 2012 05:13 PM
iaznryan
116 posts
0 bikes
Seriously, you want to spend $1300 on a frame alone to ride on the street. Where do you kids get your money! O,o

(of course, I have since ridden my T1 on the streets of SF because I couldn't wait for my Bonts to come in much less wait for my road bike to get built up—so yes, I am a hypocrite, but I'm lucky that I have a nice job)

August 12, 2012 01:27 AM
MustangWolf
360 posts
4 bikes
FTP is a great frame. But once you cut the seatpost, you'll never be able to higher your seatpost. For me, I'll just get Super Pistas or Kagero. Just my opinion. It's all depends on you. Just get that Cervelo if you really want it and you'll never regret!

August 12, 2012 03:16 AM
^ So, you own a T1 and condone spending that much on an aluminum frame to ride on the street? Just curious since you say "you'll never regret (it)".

August 12, 2012 03:45 AM
MustangWolf
360 posts
4 bikes
Nope. Just my opinion ahaha but I like steel more to ride on streets. Many of my friends ride aluminium frames and they love it.

August 12, 2012 04:12 AM
Oh, I was refering to your comment and the cost of the T1—since its a lot and its alum. and crashing it would be the most expensive accident compared to getting a kagero or super pista.

Good point though about the FTP and cutting the post. That frame has such low resale value and its def'ly not for someone just getting into track bikes.

August 12, 2012 05:13 AM
MustangWolf
360 posts
4 bikes
a 54cm would be too big for you.
and I don't think you should even consider a cervelo until you have the legs to justify it.
but that's my take on anything high quality bike wise. hah

and I'm with mustang, where do all these kids get all this disposable money?!

August 12, 2012 07:30 PM
outofstep
999 posts
15 bikes
I'm 169cm tall (right between 5'6" and 5'7") and I would never get a frame bigger than 52cm. 54cm feels way too big for me. It's better to have a slightly smaller frame and add some setback to your seatpost or a slightly longer stem, than be stuck with too big of a frame that you can never get really comfortable with. My favorite bike is actually a 50cm frame, with a 20mm setback post raised up a decent amount -- super comfy and I can power the crap out of it confidently.

Before you drop that much money of a bike on eBay, you should really just go to a few local bike shops and test ride as many bikes as you can, to get a better idea of what you're most comfortable on.

August 22, 2012 08:53 AM
Rylab
6 posts
0 bikes
I own a FTP '10 and I'm approximately 5ft 6in and its an XS(50cm).
Though I do occasionally ride it on the street it's main duties are for
the velodrome. It's pretty harsh in comparison to my roadie and the
lack of brakes doesn't help either.

August 22, 2012 07:29 PM
varilight
6 posts
0 bikes
I am 175cm (5ft 7.5) tall and My inside leg measure of or 79cm (31inches) makes me suited to a frame 53cm/54cm at most.

September 1, 2012 02:08 AM
Ian80
8 posts
4 bikes
This thread is so bad....seriously, do yourself a favor and don't rely on someone else's frame sizing—go to a bike shop and get fitted.

September 1, 2012 03:09 AM
MustangWolf
360 posts
4 bikes
To put it in simple terms, if you want to race track an throw your bike around you ride 100mm seat post above. if to want to look stylish on the street, you ride to touch the pedals.

September 2, 2012 09:42 AM
Ian80
8 posts
4 bikes
Horses for corses , sprinters ride above the frame to enable throw, persuiters ride low and street riders ride what they feel is right. seat height is most importsnt for knee issues.

September 2, 2012 09:47 AM
Ian80
8 posts
4 bikes
^ Def'ly not a someone you want giving you fitting advice. No offense poster.

September 2, 2012 05:56 PM
MustangWolf
360 posts
4 bikes
Haha.

September 2, 2012 06:26 PM
BRNDNLPZ
212 posts
1 bike
@mustang +100,000,000,000,000,000,000!

September 2, 2012 07:23 PM
outofstep
999 posts
15 bikes
No offence taken, just trying to help the question, but if i am way off the mark, can yo provide some of your fitting tips between Road, Track and Street.

Would be much appreciated.

September 2, 2012 08:48 PM
Ian80
8 posts
4 bikes

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.