Home
Forums > General Discussion >

Slammed Stem

(closed)
I'm trying to slam my stem on my road bike and need a viable option for a headset cover. I also want a high quality item made with the best materials. To be frank, I'm not looking for a cheapo just to get the job done. I'm in the process of modifying my setup and it's very important to me. My aim is to get as close to the headset as possible (anything between 3mm-5mm would work just fine). Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks!

June 27, 2017 04:52 PM
drewb109
2 posts
1 bike
what kind of bike and headset? every cover is different. also, they're usually just a piece of aluminum or carbon, quality is less of an option than finding one that actually fits your bike well, in most cases.

June 27, 2017 05:23 PM
Zeb_pepperoni
780 posts
9 bikes
^ +1

June 27, 2017 05:31 PM
ghostridethewhip
500 posts
0 bikes
+1 listen to zeb

June 27, 2017 09:46 PM
Jehu
542 posts
13 bikes
Only losers use headset top covers that aren't top quality.

June 27, 2017 11:26 PM
Scrodzilla
1006 posts
3 bikes
what type of bike is it? i'm using the Slam That Stem bearing cover on my specialized and it isn't a perfect match but it works well enough.

July 15, 2017 04:28 AM
cyclegoth
31 posts
7 bikes
Call me a loser at the finish line with my stock FSA Pig cap, will ya? I paid a whopping 30 bucks new for the whole headset. I had better things to do with the buck twenty I saved over a C K. And I could buy four more. A fool and his money. Wonder what the most expensive valve stem caps are?

September 4, 2017 01:37 AM
40degreerake
128 posts
2 bikes

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.