jaynelthepanda
9 posts
2 bikes
Steel is real.

August 27, 2013 07:36 AM
Rushing
372 posts
3 bikes
i think there's already some threads about this.
don't be shy to have a look around :]

August 27, 2013 07:49 AM
outofstep
999 posts
15 bikes
Can of worms

August 28, 2013 12:21 AM
Featuring Akuma apparently unaware of NJS and traditional keirin frames.

August 28, 2013 07:18 AM
^Riding a track frame on the street...no relevance here!

August 28, 2013 06:21 PM
"regulation for the olympics"

August 28, 2013 06:54 PM
NJS is the Japanese Keirin Association. Which has been around for 50 plus years. The Keirin event was introduced into the Olympics at the 2000 games in Sydney Australia. The Olympic track bikes are not NJS approved. Except for the Keirin event bikes. (I guess they still need to meet Keirin regs). Look at the pursuit, time trail and sprinting bikes. They are all different to each other and really flash. Very modern technology has gone into those bikes. There is no old school in a carbon fiber top of the line bike that isn't available to the public yet. At a guess more than 10 grand each. These bikes DON'T get ridden on the streets.
Steel or aluminum has no relavence to Olympic bikes. There are a different group on their own.

August 29, 2013 12:44 AM
AKfromGC
179 posts
2 bikes
il·lit·er·a·cy
noun 1.the inability to read or write.

August 29, 2013 04:14 AM
No dude. What he's saying is that bikes used in the Olympics are NOT NJS approved. I think you're confusing the keirin events in Japan with the Olympics. Two completely different things. The bikes in the Olympics don't meet NJS standards or "regulations" according to AKfromGC.

Aluminum frames are faster? And all track frames are aluminum? Haha. All track frames are clearly not aluminum and speed is generated by the rider, not the bike.

August 29, 2013 07:02 AM
BRNDNLPZ
212 posts
1 bike
Ok. Copy and paste. Wow, correct terminology, well done. But you're a troll so all you do is sit in front of your computer. Therefore you know all the correct terms. How ever nothing about the subjects you're trolling.
If someone writes some facts with correct spelling, grammar and punctuation it doesn't mean it is C&P. Anyone can write correctly if they want too. Including you Akuma.
No no no. The shit that dribbles from your mind, through your fingers and keyboard into your computer can not be written properly. What's the saying? 'You can't polish a turd'.
When I first found this forum a year ago I kept coming across the term 'NJS'. No consistent answers on here about what it actually means. So I googled it.
2000 Sydney Olympics. The greatest Olympics ever. They were great. The Olympics in my country and only a 1000km away. I couldn't wait each day to get home from work and watch them. Especially the cycling. Well the commentators told us that this was the first year for the Keirin.
Akuma do you remember those games? No. That's right you were just a small boy in primary school peeing his pants each day. Because you didn't realize you need to go to the toilet before it comes out.
The Keirin is just one cycling event at the Olympics. There are many. I don't know the regulations for the Olympic Keirin event but I'm sure it is heavily regulated, just like Keirin racing in Japan. So every rider is on equal machines and then it's down to who is the best rider.
All the other events have nothing to do with NJS. However I'm sure the UCI may have something to do with bikes' designs. No steel frames here. All the latest technology. Hence my comment early. Definitely not old school. Those bikes are the equivalent to a formula one race car.
For us punters on the street. It really makes no difference to how fast we go. Whether its steel or alloy. It's the characteristics that we prefer.
Akuma, an elite track rider on a penny farthing would kick your arse even if you were riding a top of the line alloy bike with your murdered out wheels.
Now get out of your dark smelly room and go buy a kilo tt. It's steel and cheap. After you get over the sore butt thing from never having ridden a bike before. You will discover that riding a bike is great. And it doesn't matter what your frame is made of.

August 29, 2013 10:52 AM
AKfromGC
179 posts
2 bikes
Aluminum won't rust, no ones gonna wanna be on this sight if the dumb ass comments don't stop. I understand there's some dumb questions that arise but oh we'll

August 29, 2013 01:55 PM
Killerseagull
73 posts
10 bikes
Where is Coomer? Can you ban this tool?

August 29, 2013 04:44 PM
BRNDNLPZ
212 posts
1 bike
I'd kick ur arse on a Charmer with 2 flats and no chain!!

August 29, 2013 06:42 PM
Silly question, Jaynel lol.

August 30, 2013 06:20 AM
unbiasedmark
34 posts
4 bikes
Go vintage with steel

September 1, 2013 01:35 PM
Yet you tried sanding off the "paint" of a HED3 to try to achieve a "murdered out" look

September 3, 2013 04:54 PM
varilight
6 posts
0 bikes
Only got steel frames... Really nice.

October 18, 2013 06:45 AM
rafaelcz
39 posts
6 bikes
saw this useful link few days ago, hope it helps
http://www.brightspoke.com/c/understand...

October 18, 2013 04:24 PM
longkachia
21 posts
4 bikes
I'm sorry but aluminum frames look much better for the most part and also won't rust. both are good though. I've had both and both work fine for street use.

October 18, 2013 04:38 PM
Steel > Alu - for me.

But they both have their strengths and weaknesses.

October 18, 2013 04:53 PM
mktng
816 posts
22 bikes
Its all up to your liking Jaynel

October 29, 2013 05:05 AM
_bigboy808
4 posts
4 bikes

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.