Home
Forums > General Discussion >

Trying this again: New Frame Suggestions!

(closed)
Leader X PC Kagero, Leader 725 TR, IRO Mark V Pro

Okay, so I've had my eye on these frames as potential candidates for my new bike. I'm ultimately looking for something that can handle being my everyday ride. This means to and from school, work, and the occasional leisurely ride. It needs to be comfortable, but still aggressive. Aesthetics are a secondary concern. I chose these frames in particular because I know people in my personal life that ride them and because I've seen more than a few Pedal Roomers riding them as well. However, I'm open to suggestions for other frames and I welcome any and all advice or criticism. Thank you!

February 27, 2012 08:16 AM
andper
41 posts
2 bikes
Out of the three, The IRO is the best suited for your uses. Steel beats Aluminum when you're beating up a bike. It will be more comfortable than your other choices.

February 27, 2012 08:17 AM
Definitely the Mark V Pro.

February 27, 2012 08:18 AM
iro

February 27, 2012 08:26 AM
Steel for life! Even the Pakes are great, you can get them on ebay without decals too

February 27, 2012 04:20 PM
roz
11 posts
5 bikes
i love my pake. got it cheap and its a really fun bike. my 57cm pake has the same wheelbase as my girlfriends 55cm kilo tt, but theres no toe overlap at all. the geo is really comfy for me (about 5'10", 32" inseam) and its pretty responsive. out of all my bikes, its definitely the most fun to ride.

February 27, 2012 08:43 PM
snorky
179 posts
4 bikes
So steel it is! Are there any other steel frames that people are into besides the IRO frames?

February 28, 2012 08:31 PM
andper
41 posts
2 bikes
Mericer Kilo TT. Cheap. Reliable. Steel.

February 28, 2012 08:46 PM
chewypurple
92 posts
9 bikes
But if money isn't as much of an issue; i've been peeping Brother. Handmade in the UK, lugged steel frames. Simple graphics. Dope.

http://www.brothercycles.com/

February 28, 2012 08:48 PM
chewypurple
92 posts
9 bikes
You could get a spicer, looks low key,and hand made in the u.s I plan on getting the wishbone stay version really soon.
http://spicercycles.com/product/spicer-...

February 28, 2012 10:01 PM
adrian13346
89 posts
6 bikes
The Brother bikes don't ship to North America. At least thats what the website say.

February 28, 2012 10:42 PM
BklynLOW
223 posts
23 bikes
+1 for the Kilo TT.

February 29, 2012 01:19 AM
richardg
315 posts
3 bikes
Just curious, I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on the Unknown Lvl 1 track bike? Also, does anyone think that the IRO Mark V Pro is a better choice than the Mericer Kilo TT?

February 29, 2012 06:31 AM
andper
41 posts
2 bikes
Forget the Uknown they are meh. The Kilo or the IRO its pretty much the same ball park, just get which one you like better

February 29, 2012 06:43 AM
Benson
134 posts
24 bikes
unknown is about the same quality as leader and visp, so in other words, shit.

February 29, 2012 06:58 AM
snorky
179 posts
4 bikes
Haha, it's interesting to me that so many people have reacted negatively to the aluminum frames on this thread. So many people ride Leader and VISP frames, it just seems odd. What makes Leader, VISP, and Unknown so shitty? I partially agree, having owned steel frames before, I definitely prefer the steel frames to the aluminum in terms of comfort. Some insight would be nice, though!

February 29, 2012 07:02 AM
andper
41 posts
2 bikes
build quality isnt as good as other aluminum frames. if youre going to buy aluminum, you should be buying high quality and racing it on the velodrome, not pounding it into the pavement

February 29, 2012 07:07 AM
snorky
179 posts
4 bikes
People on here don't have negatiity towards aluminum frames. They have negativity to shitty aluminum frames like the ones mentioned above.

February 29, 2012 07:12 AM
By all means aluminum bikes are dope but those mentioned above is just bad. I had a Leader 735TR 2 years ago and I had it only for 3 days. I HATED IT

February 29, 2012 07:19 AM
Benson
134 posts
24 bikes
Well, I just found it a little weird because those frames seem to pop up all over Pedal Room, especially the Leader 725 and the VISP frames. But I could definitely see how craftsmanship would be sacrificed to meet a lower price point.

February 29, 2012 07:24 AM
andper
41 posts
2 bikes
Haha, by the way, I would never in my life consider buying a VISP.

February 29, 2012 07:26 AM
andper
41 posts
2 bikes
If you wouldnt even consider a Visp why should you consider Leader or anyone similar? They are all the same quality. Leader just looks nicer but rides as crappy.

February 29, 2012 03:37 PM
Benson
134 posts
24 bikes
I was unaware that Leader and VISP were so similar in their design quality. Had I known I wouldn't have considered a Leader in the first place. The 725 is a pretty popular frame on Pedal Room which seemed like reason enough to at least think about it as a candidate for a new bike. I now know better and am looking into steel frames. By the way, thank you to everyone that responded to this thread! It is greatly appreciated.

February 29, 2012 05:02 PM
andper
41 posts
2 bikes
even though you see a lot of them, you have to take it with a grain of salt. the only reason i think theyre popular is they have that aero design for a low price when compared to high end aero frames

February 29, 2012 07:39 PM
snorky
179 posts
4 bikes
That and people are uneducated. They see it for a cheap price and they dont think twice about it.

February 29, 2012 09:45 PM

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.