Home
Forums > General Discussion >

Upgrades

(closed)
Im thinking about upgrading my wheelset handlebars stem saddle and pedal combo. I need something that will be good on the track but also on the street. My budget is not to big. Suggestions

April 2, 2013 12:54 AM
ale8705
41 posts
3 bikes
Thomson

April 2, 2013 01:15 AM

April 2, 2013 01:20 AM
brembilla
429 posts
8 bikes
if anything, dimensions are gonna matter more than anything. once you know the right size, most companies have good price options. 3t, thomson, deda, ritchey, pro, etc. Get the pedals you like the most. Stay away from MTB pedals for the track. and try out saddles til you find one that fits.

My preference for cheap bars are 3t ergonova alloy, they dont sell this option outright (its not listed on their website) but it can be found on ebay. 3t usually supplies it to manufacturers to put on new bikes. usually about 30$ 40$ on ebay. sub 300 grams, and some nice 3t logos. I ride a thomson masterpiece seat post (super light and sturdy) but the elite post can be found for cheaper. And i ride a PRO PLT stem which was a gift but is also very affordable. Nothing matches but its rides great. Also, LOOK carbon KEO pedals, and sell italia SLR saddle (131mm wide cuz i have a narrow butt)

April 2, 2013 08:25 AM
Zeb_pepperoni
780 posts
9 bikes
mavic open pros laced to those sealed formula hubs. and replace the hub bearings with phil sealed bearings. and maybe use a deda zero 1 stem/bar set up and match it with a deda seat post

pedals up to you but i like the MKS sylvans with metal dual gate clips and synthetic leather straps

or animal BMX pedals with a hefty set of velcro straps such as hold fast of famili ones

so many options!

April 3, 2013 04:51 AM
Rzjarvis93
127 posts
3 bikes
No, no bmx pedals.

April 3, 2013 07:24 AM
Liray
66 posts
3 bikes
Mavic op or h+son tb14 to formula hubs, 3t stem and compact road drop or fsa slk stem and compact drops, and as for clipless get shimano pd 540.

April 3, 2013 05:35 PM
if you dont have the budget yet, save until you do.
no sense in buying new things that will perform the same as your old parts.

April 3, 2013 05:41 PM
mktng
816 posts
22 bikes
and when you do. Thomson stem,post. Ritchey classic curve bars. Open pro x cx ray x low flange dura ace. .

So save up 900-1000$. then start splurging on good things. or you'll end up wasting more in the long run buying el cheapo entry level stuff. seriously.

April 3, 2013 05:44 PM
mktng
816 posts
22 bikes

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.