Home
Forums > General Discussion >

What would you say is the best Pursuit frame for the money?

(closed)
At the moment im looking around to buy a new track frame!

i want a pursuit frame as i really like the look of them and so far from what ive read about them they should suit my riding style!!

just want your opinions really guys!!

January 25, 2012 10:04 PM
Unless your riding style means riding in a tucked-in, aerodynamic position and time-trialing to your friend's house or the bars, I'm pretty sure a pursuit frame is not what anyone needs for riding on the streets.

January 26, 2012 12:22 AM
stalag13
141 posts
7 bikes
Do you mean a low pro frame? Like the Kagero or Histogram geometry?

January 26, 2012 01:27 AM
richardg
315 posts
3 bikes
Those really arent "pursuit frames" like everyone on here seems to think...

January 26, 2012 01:43 AM
Those really arent "pursuit frames" like everyone on here seems to think...

January 26, 2012 01:43 AM
Say hi to my every day commuter

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kw77k6YgvU1qzjag6o1_500.jpg

This is what an actual "pursuit" frame is though.

January 26, 2012 01:49 AM
richardg
315 posts
3 bikes
THAT is a pursuit frame! What a beauty yet painful looking to ride in long periods of time!
Lo Pro, Kagero, MASH not pursuit frames.

January 26, 2012 03:50 AM
Benson
134 posts
22 bikes
I didn't know that about the MASH frames. In that case go with a Lo-Pro if you're on a budget. I just got myself a Kagero. I'll let you know how much I like it when it's finally built up like by then end of this week

January 26, 2012 04:25 AM
richardg
315 posts
3 bikes
lo pros arent pursuit either.

January 26, 2012 04:36 AM
true, but i think that's what the op meant. unless he's actually going to get a legit pursuit frame

January 26, 2012 04:55 AM
richardg
315 posts
3 bikes
yeah guys sorry!! i meant somthing like the mash/kagero/low.

i come from a mtb/bmx background so what i think i know about fixed gear may not be true!! so any information on products/framesets would be helpful!1

but in all honesty ive been thinking about the leader kagero? they any good?

January 27, 2012 12:00 AM
Different price points. The Leader is the cheapest out of the 3. The Mash and the Low are the same price, give or take a few dollars. The Low is handmade, which may mean something to you or not. The down fall to the low is the waiting list and the mash you can basically pick it up whenever you are ready.

The benefit of a LOW is, you can choose between the "pursuit" or the track version. Also, you can pick any color combination you want. The down-side the LOW pursuit has a tighter geo than the others. Another downside is the LOW doesn't come with a headset nor a seat clamp, like the others. So overall you'll probably be spending more on a LOW.

January 27, 2012 12:11 AM
BklynLOW
223 posts
22 bikes
depends on the kind of riding you are going to be doing, and what your riding style is. for the streets just getting around i would go with the cinelli bolt or the leader kagero, they have more relaxed geometries. for more comfort and for longer rides.

but if you are planning on racing and want to be tight and ready for sprinting all the time. then go for the low or the cinelli historgam.

good. im interested in all of those frames as well. let me know what you pick.

January 27, 2012 12:37 AM
mash and leaders are slack on geometry. I would recommend a low or if you could find one a colnago dream pista, which have a slight downward sloping top tube. And of course you could always try and find a proper CAAD track.

January 27, 2012 04:20 AM
tjw
27 posts
6 bikes
I would say a low pro would be a good choice, it's got a nice geo and it's less then the Kagero or the Mash. The only dilemma is if you're set on getting aluminum. Steel goes for a much comfier ride in my opinion and i'm sure other people on here would agree with me that steel is usually better for streets and commutes then aluminum. Set up with a good, reliable wheel set and some decent cranks it'll practically be borderline bomb proof.

January 27, 2012 05:04 AM
But non of those frames mentioned above are pursuit besides that Pinarello.

January 27, 2012 05:09 AM
Benson
134 posts
22 bikes
Well what he actually meant was a frame with a sloping tope tube. If money is an issue, go with an Affinity Lo Pro, if money isn't an issue, get a Leader Kagero or Cinelli MASH/Bolt, and if you're willing to wait, then get a LOW "Pursuit Style." Or you can try to look for a KHS Aero Track, those are pretty nice.
http://velospace.org/files/khs01.jpg

January 27, 2012 05:28 AM
richardg
315 posts
3 bikes
I agree about the aero track, very nice and don't see them very often.

January 27, 2012 06:44 AM
with the kind of frames you're considering, just get whatever you think looks best that you can still afford. you won't notice any difference, performance wise, between any of them. what will matter more is getting properly fitted on whatever you end up with. that is something that will make a HUGE difference

January 27, 2012 07:20 AM
stalag13
141 posts
7 bikes

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.