Home
Forums > General Discussion >

Whats a good single speed cyclocross frameset with canti mounts?

(closed)
cracked a frame of an old AllCity Nature Boy, but I just built a pair of phil wood wheels and I'm trying to keep and use them.
any suggestions for a single speed specific frame with canti mounts?

October 7, 2018 12:19 AM
Nature Boy is always my recommendation. How'd you crack it? Did you reach out to AC? They're pretty cool people, they'd love to hear what happened.

October 7, 2018 12:59 PM
Also, what's the spacing on your Phils? 130?

October 7, 2018 12:59 PM
crashed going downhill on some trails. i contacted AC and they were very nice and understanding but could only offer me 30% off on another frame. Unfortunately They no longer carry the natureboy with cantis.

and yeah they are 130
[url=/f/a785e09a9f_1.jpg][img]/f/a785e09a9f_1s.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=/f/a785e09a9f_2.jpg][img]/f/a785e09a9f_2s.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=/f/a785e09a9f_3.jpg][img]/f/a785e09a9f_3s.jpg[/img][/url]
Attached Photos:
Post photo Post photo Post photo

October 7, 2018 06:23 PM
Oh man the notorious skeletonized AC dropouts. You unfortunately had one of the earliest ones, but have no fear you can find the later models for pretty cheap used. Honestly it'll be really easy to find a 130mm spaced canti frame used if you're willing to use a tensioner

October 8, 2018 03:02 AM
Jehu
544 posts
14 bikes
Sorry about your frame. I've had friends crack their early NBs in the same place. Seemed to be kind of a known issue. At least you gave it a good life :).

Discs are slowly taking over so you might have to keep your eye on the used market. There was/is a Raleigh / Twin Six on Seattle Craigslist for like $500 complete (you could pick it up then part it out if you're nearby). Keep an eye out for all the old Raleigh SSCXWC frames too - they came in Steel and Carbon.

If you end up going with a normal CX frame (vertical dropouts), I have two single speed tensioners in my parts bin and would happily ship you one for cheap.

October 17, 2018 08:05 PM
_rd
163 posts
19 bikes

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.