Home
Forums > General Discussion >

White Industries Hubs

(closed)
What are your guys thoughts on them? Anyone ever ridden them before? I always hear good things about WI hubs but no one seems to ever have any. Hmmmmm.

May 4, 2015 11:26 PM
Heshaka
47 posts
1 bike
I have White Industries T11 hubs and they are fantastic. A little on the heavy side though.

May 4, 2015 11:27 PM
riceboy
342 posts
12 bikes
The track hubs are great, very smooth bearings and striking looks. The track hubs have a spline cog design, which I haven't encountered any issues with them yet. My friend started to get some play in their white industries cog, potentially from the splines on the cog getting worn down from the lockring not being tight enough.

May 4, 2015 11:48 PM
GeorgeWashingtonMobsDeep
316 posts
29 bikes
People keep saying they're great, but I never see anyone actually riding them. You'd think if people loved them so much, you would see them more often.

May 5, 2015 12:20 AM
Heshaka
47 posts
1 bike
white industries makes great everything. i think the price and the non-standard cog mounting system turn people off

May 5, 2015 01:23 AM
Zeb_pepperoni
780 posts
9 bikes
you should look into profile hubs.

May 5, 2015 03:06 AM
i've seen a lot of their products in person and have friends who use some of their stuff. i have only used their freewheels which i think are fantastic. so much engagement. i've thought about using their hubs for a build...

plus the customer service they extend is always a nice touch.

May 5, 2015 04:39 AM
moose
475 posts
6 bikes
It was the price for me... I really wanted some, but I just couldn't justify the price compared to the rest of my build. They are in the same league as Chris king and last forevvvvvvveeerrr.

May 5, 2015 05:05 AM
ridingfixed
356 posts
3 bikes
Why Phil...WI or Paul when you can have DA :)

May 5, 2015 12:31 PM
mktng
816 posts
22 bikes
I have about 5000 miles on one set, probably 1000 miles on the other. They are strong, can be completely disassembled with regular hand tools and that's important to me.

May 5, 2015 01:57 PM
@mktng I actually had already made the deposit for DA 7600s, but found out that the shop won't be getting them in until at least July now. :'( So thinking of other options.

May 5, 2015 02:07 PM
Heshaka
47 posts
1 bike
7600 hubs are worth the wait :)
They might not be as "in" as WI/PAUL/PHILS. but they are best money can buy in my opinion.
However....even the most beautiful of hubs can be destroyed by the wheel builder.

May 5, 2015 02:35 PM
mktng
816 posts
22 bikes
WI is top stuff. I've had Profile rear but stripped the threads which led me to WI splined track hub. I am secretly glad it happened.

May 6, 2015 04:58 PM
bukowski
7 posts
0 bikes
Right now it's a toss up between WI and Phil. Can't deciiiiide!

May 6, 2015 05:14 PM
Heshaka
47 posts
1 bike

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.