Marketplace >

FS: 1980's Bianchi Sport SS vintage road frameset frame fork

(closed)

December 5, 2013 07:00 PM
I bought it from the original owner and rode it this past season, putting on about 500 miles. I bent the fork trying to remove it from the frame. It was stuck to the stem. It has a ding on the right leg from straightening it in a vice. Although I rode it all season with no problems, I recommend replacing the fork. It is still slightly bent as I can not ride no hands. It is a 21" frame and includes the fork, Tange headset, SR alloy 100mm stem/quill, alloy drop bars 39cm, brake levers, front derailleur, rear derailleur, shifters, seat post bolt (not shown) and bottom bracket. The bottom bracket and headset will require repacking of grease. All the parts are original. The shifting system is the Shimano Golden Arrow models, which are pre 105 components. The front derailleur will require rebuilding as it is a bit sticky. I did not use it. The rear derailleur works fine, although it could use a degreasing cleanup. Most of the decals came off. This model is about 1983 and was built in Japan from Ishiwata Magny tubing, which is similar in quality to Columbus (according to some research). It is a very nice vintage frame with quality lugs that is a great platform for building a nice road bike.

$150 or best plus shipping. Roughly $30-40 by UPS Ground from Michigan.
Attached Photos:
Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo
eypista
6 posts
2 bikes

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.