Marketplace >

FS: Celo Europa (Colnago) 59cm track bike - Campagnolo, 3TTT Pista

(closed)

July 25, 2019 09:08 PM
I’m just not cycling on the track anymore so time to pass this lovely bike on to someone who’ll actually ride it.

Frame: Celo Europa track frame. Built by Colnago for Californian track team Celo Europa in the 80s - a top quality frame made from Columbus tubing, nice lugs and light. Very tight angles/tyre clearances (rear wheel axle moved towards end of track end to demonstrate this). Seattube 59cm C-C. Toptube 58cm C-C. The paintwork is chipped and worn away in places, with superficial rust showing here and there, but the frame is structurally sound with no dents. The track ends appear slightly splayed (see photo) but cause no issue.

Fork: Raleigh track fork with Zeus crown, Reynolds 531 blades and Gipiemme dropouts. Very steep rake and tight tyre clearance - some 23c tyres don’t even fit without touching the downtube. Not drilled for a brake. Stripped to raw steel and allowed to rust. Can be sanded and repainted if rust is not your aesthetic!

Headset: Campagnolo Nuovo Record. Shiny and smooth - excellent condition.

Wheels: Maillard 36 hole track hubs (front 96mm spacing, rear 120mm spacing), black Rigida rims, 17 tooth 3/32” fixed sprocket, Specialized Transition 700 X 20c tyres. Rims are straight and hubs run smooth.

Seatpost: Campagnolo Nuovo Record polished seatpost

Saddle: Brown suede Selle Italia, suede is coming away a little and needs sticking down in places.

Bars and stem: 3TTT mod. 2 track stem, 120mm, great condition, just a few tiny scratches on the front. 3TTT track handlebar, also excellent condition, 40cm wide, with pink Benotto tape (has one tiny tear) and Italian Cassano end plugs

Chainset: Campagnolo Nuovo Record Strada, 170mm and 55 tooth drilled chainring (unknown manufacturer)

Pedals: Campagnolo, black. The drive side is a Campagnolo Record Pista pedal and the other is a Campagnolo Record Strada pedal that has had material removed to make it match the track pedal - they function fine as a pair. One pedal missing dust cap. Chrome clips (which will accommodate double straps) and vintage white leather toe straps.

Chain and bottom bracket: Shimano HG71 (3/32”) and UN55 (Italian thread) - both recently installed and very few miles.

£600 - no offers for now please. The bike is in south-east London. I have a strong preference for the buyer collecting in person. If not sold after a few weeks, I’ll consider splitting it, but please do not dibs individual parts yet - I will make a new post if I end up having to split it. Please note that the bike is also listed elsewhere. Thank you!
Attached Photos:
Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo

July 30, 2019 05:05 PM
Bump

August 11, 2019 11:44 AM
Bump

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.