Marketplace >

FS: Fulcrum Racing Quattro LG wheelset ($200)

(closed)

May 29, 2016 12:40 PM
Greetings!

I'm selling a set of Fulcrum Racing Quattro LG wheels with less than 100 miles on them. The freehub body is CAMPAGNOLO. I had them on a rain bike that I'm being forced to part out due to financial issues - otherwise I would not be selling them. Very fast hubs on these, spin up really nice. Stiff, too. Plus, they're Campy/Fulcrum designed, so you know they're bomb-proof. These would make great crit and/or back up wheels. I'm including the official write-up on these below. Please feel free to schedule a viewing as well as ask me any questions. The price is absolutely firm. Thanks for looking!

The Racing Quattro Wheelset boasts a deep section clincher profile of 35mm probably the best value aero wheel available. Not only are these wheels aero but Fulcrum have managed to keep the weight of the wheelset down to just 1725g, that's better than many similar shallow section wheels.

The Quattros come with straight pull aero spokes and anodised nipples coupled with stealth decals to finish off an impressive wheelset. Offering everything from an aero profile to Fulcrum's legendary durability and a competitive weight these are a leading all-round road and triathlon wheelset.

The Racing Quattro LG represents the family's aluminium version and despite its wider stance of 17C (24mm external) the Fulcrum engineers were able to produce a complete wheel that comes in at the exact same weight as the previous model. Increased stiffness, reactivity and greater stability along with a wider stance and housing for larger tyres all with no weight penalty make this aluminium wheel perfect for long days in the saddle.

Dynamic Balance: The concept is simple and elegant: balance the weight of the gasket, with an item of similar weight placed on the exact opposite side. For top models, this is obtained by a special operation on the section of the rim opposite the rim joint.

Plasma Electrolytic Oxidation Treatment: A process made thanks to electrical discharges that take advantage of heavy materials - free electrolytes. This process is an advanced oxidation process of light alloys of aluminium, magnesium and titanium. This special project was developed a few decades ago in the Russian laboratories to improve characteristics of the lightweight materials used in the field of space and military. The Plasma Electrolytic Oxidation process gives the alloy surface very special characteristics regarding hardness and wear resistance. This is possible thanks to a very fine and compact matrix of alpha and microcrystalline gamma alumina and amorphous alumina embedded on the surface.

Features:
Rim Material: Aluminium alloy - Dynamic Balance
Width: 24,2mm, ETRTO 17C (tyre fit 25mm to 50mm)
Height: 35mm, RDB
Braking surface: Turned braking surface
Spokes: Stainless steel - 16 (Front), 21 (Rear - 7 left, 14 right), Two-to-One
Profile tech: Aero, straight pull
Others: Plasma treatment on HG freewheel Aluminium alloy axle
Weight: 1725g
Attached Photos:
Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo
quixoticle
48 posts
17 bikes

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.