Marketplace >

FS: KHS Flite 900 Complete

(closed)

January 5, 2013 06:08 AM
Hi,
I have a KHS Flite 900 for sale. It's a superb ride, and there is nothing at all wrong with it, just that I have tried for a while now, and it just doesn't fit me, so its time to sell.
This frame has all you can look for in a comfortable, fast bike. It has a stiff bottom bracket, while still being vertically compliant. The massive bottom bracket, fat fork legs, and shaped chainstays give the bike the lateral stiffness it needs to be a monster sprinter. The curved seat stays, full carbon fork, combined with the nature of carbon give the frame the vertical compliance required to be a master of endurance. This bike has been religiously taken care of, and is in excellent condition. There are several paint chips here and there from regular use. None of them have hit the actual material, and are purely cosmetic.

I didn't like the Ultegra 6600 shifter ergonomics that originally came with the bike, so I put some Sram force shifters and rear derailleur on. Combined with an Ultegra 6600 12-27 cassette, KMC DX10sc 10 speed chain, and Shimano 150 5600 front derailleur, the drivetrain is incredibly reliable, light, and comfortable.

Another thing I changed was the handlebars and stem. I put on some FSA omega compact drops, which are very comfortable with the slight flare at the end of the drops. I also have a Specialized Pr-set 110mm stem on the bike right now. What's special about this stem is that it has the ability to change angles from -17, -8,8, and 17 with an internal shim. It gives the convenience and customization of an adjustable stem, while not looking fugly.

The stock Easton Vista wheelset are now wrapped in Continental Grand Prix 4000s tires. Considered by many to be one of the best tires for everyday use, the tires are a great compromise between performance and durability. They have a vectran lining, which prevents punctures while remaining supple and light. The tire ends up being durable, confidence inspiring in corners, with extremely low rolling resistance, and a joy to use.

The saddle and pedals will not be included in this sale, but I can provide some for a test ride.

To recap:
[b]Frame:[/b]
2008 KHS Flite 900
[b]Fork/Headset:[/b]
Alpha Q CS-10/FSA Orbit IS-2
[b]Crankset/Bottom Bracket:[/b]
Truvativ Elita/GXP
[b]Drivetrain/Cog/Chainring/Chain:[/b]
Ultegra 6600 12-27, KMC
[b]Derailleurs/Shifters:[/b]
RD: Sram Force/ FD: Shimano 105/ Shifters: Sram Force
[b]Handlebars/Stem:[/b]
FSA Omega Compact/Specialized Pro-Set
[b]Seatpost:[/b]
Alpha Q Q2
[b]Brakes:[/b]
Tektro w/ Dura Ace brake pads
[b]Front Wheel/Hub/Tire:[/b]
Easton Vista/Continental GP4000s
[b]Rear Wheel/Hub/Tire:[/b]
Easton Vista/Continental GP4000s

For $15 extra, I can include the Cateye Velo 8 computer.

I am assuming if you are this deep into my ad, you have read all the above, and are either extremely bored surfing the for sale forums, or are interested in my bike. I'm asking for $1800, but offers are welcome! [b]MAKE OFFERS! [/b]

[b]Make offers! [/b]
I can take any additional photos upon request.

Thanx
Attached Photos:
Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo
MuffinMan
19 posts
23 bikes

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.