Marketplace >

FS: Kona Unit 18" 1x10 - Austin, TX

(closed)

March 15, 2018 03:30 AM
Selling my beloved steel hardtail. I learned a lot from this bike and I'm sad to sell it, but that's life. The frame is in great conditions, no dings even. The paint has some chips and scrapes as you might expect from a mountain bike that's seen many years of New England and Texas singletrack, but they're all very minor and totally cosmetic. The sliding dropout system makes for a super versatile platform, as evidenced by its history of builds. It started as a fully rigid singlespeed, but I've upgraded it to the latest Deore 1x10 drivetrain, which has a clutch for chain retention and a wide-range 11-42 cassette. The frame is lighter than one might expect from steel, and has a great ride quality. It's got a pretty dang high stack height, so it would also make for a rad drop bar conversion. Poor man's Fargo.

I'm looking for $700 for the complete as listed, but there's some wiggle room if you have your own drivetrain / want to run it SS / want a rigid fork / just the front wheel / whatever. Also willing to sell just the frameset (including fork, headset, and bottom bracket) for $250. I'm also totally happy to chat about upgrading things cheaply to get you rolling how you want. Hydraulic brakes and tubeless tires are easy and I can make some deals.

Full build and extensive pics are in my profile!
Attached Photos:
Post photo

March 15, 2018 03:38 AM
I should mention as well: I'm ideally looking for local buyers who can pick up, but also I'm willing to ship anywhere. Buyer would pay shipping.

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.