Marketplace >

FS: Pinarello Montello 85 -- Arco LA84!!!! 58/57cm $500obo

(closed)

September 9, 2018 11:24 PM
These don't come along often, and if I didn't need the space I wouldn't be selling! But here it is, the elusive Pinarello in Arco LA-84 paint, a special paint job Pinarello did for a few select models in 1985 to commemorate USA cyclist Alexi Grewal's 1984 gold medal in the LA Olympic Games. Red, white, and blue for USA, and yellow for the gold.

To the best of my knowledge, based on the fully chromed seat stays and external upper cable routing, this would be a special order "Montello 85" frameset with Columbus SLX tubing. However. The 1985 catalog only shows the regular Montello (internal upper cable routing) as having the Arco '84 paint option. My guess is someone was able to get the Montello 85 frameset ordered with the Arco '84 paint even though the catalogue doesn't show that as an option.

The components are a mix of Shimano 105 and 600, and all in good working order. Selle Italia Flite gel saddle and Dia Compe brake levers, Nitto stem and bars. The bike has plenty of patina from being used and loved, and it would be a shame to repaint this special paint job, so I would say this is a great bike for someone who appreciates the history of it and will ride it as is. Also it's got a ding in one of the seat stays. It's probably not the best choice for a full restoration candidate. I bought it last year to use for the L'Eroica ride in California, but didn't have time to make it happen.

I do have some new Pinarello decals that I will send with the bike.
Attached Photos:
Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo Post photo
pandafro
2 posts
2 bikes

Replies aren't allowed because this topic is closed.